11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lindblom

3 27.27%
  • Shipachyov

8 72.73%

Thread: Lindblom or Shipachyov?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Lindblom or Shipachyov?

In a 16 team, multi-cat dynasty format with hits+blocks, points, and STP as the scoring categories for skaters, who do you take? I'm torn. Potentially I could get both if things fall perfectly, but I doubt it. Lindblom is in prime position to get top six ice-time and 1st unit PP time with the Schenn trade and he's an older prospect who has produced extremely well in one of the better international leagues, one where you play against men. Ship has put up extremely promising point totals in another one of the most promising international leagues, but he's 30 years-old. However, he's almost certainly going to be getting first line ice-time and first unit PP time on a team that has absolutely no competition to replace him. Could that hurt his point totals though considering how bad Vegas looks to be?

It's kind of youth and good supporting cast versus age and no internal competition. Thoughts? Really having a hard time with this.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Lindblom or Shipachyov?

There's no promises that Lindblom even makes the team let alone top 6 and PP1. Is it possible, absolutley. Is it likely, that's debatable. I like Lindblom a lot and do think he has a great chance at making an impact.

Now Ship will be given top 6 (top line) PP1 . No questions, doubts, or even debatable. It will be on an expansion team but it's still prime minutes.

It really comes down to a boom or bust decision. The boom for Lind isn't worth the risk and I'd take Ship.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Wizard

Shipachyov for me and it's not even close. Lindblom may need some time in the AHL and then needs to work his way up as he probably starts in the bottom-6 in Philly. Prospects are rarely handed top-6/PP1 ice-time without having to earn it. Shipachyov is not really a prospect, so he'll get those minutes because he's currently the most talented player on the Vegas team.

Flyers could go with two D-men (Ghost and Provorov) on their 1st PP, especially if Myers makes the team and can run the 2nd unit, or they could give Schenn's spot to Nolan Patrick or Konecny or maybe even Filppula depending on what they're looking for. I think all those options are more likely than Lindblom being on the 1st unit next year.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both could be a bit of a gamble but I'd gamble on Shipachyov short term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Don't let the Ship sail into the night....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Ship AINEC. Unless you are one of those "rebuilding for the next 10 years" type teams. Take the guy who's being paid to be a top liner.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Easy. Ship.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th