Thread: Affect of Schenn trade?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Affect of Schenn trade?

What will his production do this year in STL? Who wil he be paired up with do you think?

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Affect of Schenn trade?

I don't know St. Louis' roster well enough, however, as a Flyers fan, I can tell you that Schenn is not a center. He might be listed as one and played as one intermittently with the Flyers and in his time as a prospect, but he is not an NHL center which is he has played wing almost exclusively any time the Flyers have had three legitimate top nine centers available. He's also an inconsistent ES scorer whose best use is on the PP. So I imagine a lot of his value is going to revolve around his potential ES linemates and if he'll slot into the 1st or 2nd unit PP.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TallPsych1271 View Post
    I don't know St. Louis' roster well enough, however, as a Flyers fan, I can tell you that Schenn is not a center. He might be listed as one and played as one intermittently with the Flyers and in his time as a prospect, but he is not an NHL center which is he has played wing almost exclusively any time the Flyers have had three legitimate top nine centers available. He's also an inconsistent ES scorer whose best use is on the PP. So I imagine a lot of his value is going to revolve around his potential ES linemates and if he'll slot into the 1st or 2nd unit PP.
    +1 but he will be PP1
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Wizard

Schenn has played right wing in the past, so he might end up there because the Blues don't have any depth behind Tarasenko. My lines right now would be:
    Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
    Fabbri-Steen-Schenn
    Sobotka-Berglund-Jaskin

The Blues have a pretty solid top-9 and two great D-men who can create offense from the back-end, so I don't see this affecting Schenn's value at all really.

Steen, Schenn, Sobotka and Berglund have all played both wing and center, so they could easily swap places in there based on what the coach likes to see. Schenn doesn't have to play center if he's not a good fit there because they have other options. Either way, I don't really see Schenn's role changing even though his team changed.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

STL said he was going to start at C. I imagine its to center Schwartz and Tarasenko but it could be to play with Fabbri.

The Great One

He may start there as Steen can play wing too but think he is second line no matter what position he slots in at but that may be no bad thing
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Steen is better on the wing. Fabbri Schenn Steen is not a bad line.

Dobber Sports Novice

Who will step in to Philly's PP? I assume Ghost, Voracek, and Giroux are the main drivers, and owning Voracek I'm hoping his PP production doesn't let up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Defense: Doughty ($9.00),
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)
    Goalies: Vasilevsky ($5.04), Hellebuyck ($1.14) Darling ($0.88) Keumper ($0.25)

Total Cap ATM: $100.73

Farm
    : Matheson, Gurianov

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Haka View Post
    Who will step in to Philly's PP? I assume Ghost, Voracek, and Giroux are the main drivers, and owning Voracek I'm hoping his PP production doesn't let up.
    well schenns position on the pp is the easiest one to replace. He literally just sits near a couple feet in front of the net and waits for giroux to pass to him. So linbdlom (any leftie) can easily take his spot. Hartsy scored a ton, schenn scored a ton. Its the easiest spot on our pp. Our main core guys on the pp thats hard to replace are Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek, Ghost because they all do their job really well.

Schenn wasn't a center in philly, more of a winger. He was terrible as a center for us but maybe he can be a better one for the blues. But i expect his pp production to go down a little. No way he scores 17 again. Bank on that.