Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Devils considering Makar 1st overall

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Devils considering Makar 1st overall

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    The more I read about this draft the more I think that Liljegren is the best d-man available. He's going to fall to some lucky team.
    Are you reading scouting reports from a year ago perhaps?

I think he might drop to #20-31 range even and could become a #4D at the NHL level.

Dobber Sports Pro

Nope, reading about him this year. He battled mono most of the year and it saps your strength. I was interested in how much he dropped in our draft and considered grabbing him instead of Yamamoto. Anyway, it will be 3-4 years before we know the truth.

The Great One

every draft year the media tries to make up some drama regarding the first overall pick...Tyler vs Taylor and all that...this year, however, I truly believe there is some real potential for drama. I'm not convinced there is much difference between Makar and the two forwards. Maybe nothing will happen, but if something out of the ordinary does occur, I won't be surprised.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Are you reading scouting reports from a year ago perhaps?

I think he might drop to #20-31 range even and could become a #4D at the NHL level.
    same thing was said about Chychrun. Given his success I don't see Lilgren dropping as far, I think he can go as early as 8 to Buffalo

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    same thing was said about Chychrun. Given his success I don't see Lilgren dropping as far, I think he can go as early as 8 to Buffalo
    I don't know if I can see him getting past 9 and Det either.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You must have been reading my picks in the mock draft contest put up today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Agreed. Teams are valuing high end defensive prospects too highly, and there are at least four teams in the top 10 who need help sooner than later on the back end.

Edit - I don't mean to highly as in more than they should, I more mean too highly to pass on the opportunity to grab one.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Chychrun's issue was that he wasn't seen as top-pair D-man because he didn't continue progressing during his age-17 season. We may not know the truth about that for another 7 years but just because he made the NHL at 18 doesn't mean he will be a top-pair D-man. But it was also very obvious that he's got all the physical attributes to play in the NHL very soon after the draft and for a very long time, so he dropped a bit further than he should have. Somewhere in the #10-15 range would have been his correct spot IMO.

Liljegren actually got worse during his age-17 season (and not just because of the mono), and scouts are questioning if he even projects as top-4 defenseman at the NHL level. He's also a few years away, so that probably pushes him back a bit as well. TSN ranking had Liljegren at #16 and he could definitely go in that range - I just think he drops a bit further than that.

Sure, someone could take him in the top-10. This draft is wide open, so anything can happen. But I think he'll be one of those big fallers this year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Per the TSN rankings that they did... ONE NHL scout had Makar as the best ranked prospect... was it a New Jersey Devil scout... I guess we find out tonight.

Dobber Sports Monster

couldn't have went wrong with either player i dont think. makar seems very mobile and energetic. id love to have makar on any of my teams