Thread: Atkinson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Atkinson

With todays trade to bring in Panarin does this hurt or help Atkinsons value?

I believe Panarin is a LW and Atkinson is a RW?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

The Great One

Default Re: Atkinson

Yes they will most likely play opposite wing. Can't be a bad thing for Atkinson.

The Great One

Panarin with likely be deployed with Wennberg, leaving Atkinson to stay with Dubinsky like he was last season. Or perhaps they try to create a loaded top line with both Atkinson and Panarin. Long story short, I don't think it hurts Atkinson.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

hopefully they play on PP1 together!

Atkinson is a guy who isn't valued very high in my pool, maybe because he was added off waivers at the beginning of the year but hopefully he follows up on last season.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Pro

Even strength it shouldn't hurt either of them and might help them if they play together.

Power play is what I am worried about. They both play the left faceoff dot and set up for one timers. Either one of them loses that spot and moves to another spot on PP, resulting in less goals, or they are split onto separate units which hurts the guy who goes to PP2.

I own both of them so I am expecting the # of goals to fall for one of them if they play together on PP1, or the # of points to fall for whichever one plays on PP2.

Dobber Sports Novice

It was surprising to me last year that Atkinson never saw any time with Wennberg at 5v5. Perhaps having Panarin now will lead Torts to try loading up a top line.

A bump in 5v5 scoring for Atkinson could offset what I predict will be a bit of a drop in PPP during Columbus's insane first half PP%.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Defense: Doughty ($9.00),
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)
    Goalies: Vasilevsky ($5.04), Hellebuyck ($1.14) Darling ($0.88) Keumper ($0.25)

Total Cap ATM: $100.73

Farm
    : Matheson, Gurianov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Haka View Post
    It was surprising to me last year that Atkinson never saw any time with Wennberg at 5v5. Perhaps having Panarin now will lead Torts to try loading up a top line.

A bump in 5v5 scoring for Atkinson could offset what I predict will be a bit of a drop in PPP during Columbus's insane first half PP%.
    See, I see Panarin helping to keep CBJ's PP as deadly as it was in the first half last year. He's been an absolute beast on the PP since he came over to the NHL, and I could definitely see them loading up PP1 so they can dominate again this year.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Pro

Also, Atkinson's 24 PP pts for the full season isn't anywhere near the realm of unsustainable. A bump in even strength scoring could lead to him finishing in the high 60s instead of low.

Dobber Sports Novice

The second half of the season, his PP pts were way down though. His first half was unsustainable, but there may be some upwards regression on his second half which I'd admit to as well. I'm not sure where that will leave his total, hopefully over 20?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Defense: Doughty ($9.00),
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)
    Goalies: Vasilevsky ($5.04), Hellebuyck ($1.14) Darling ($0.88) Keumper ($0.25)

Total Cap ATM: $100.73

Farm
    : Matheson, Gurianov

The Great One

I think people are down on Atkinson as he slowed down on what was a torrid pace to start the season.. Personally whether they play together or seperate at even strength I think it helps Atkinson. Pp could be interesting as the Jackets have the pieces to play with two D men on the top unit, Wennberg is probably a lock but set up could impact one or the other
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

Interesting discussion here. After reading Stu's rankings and seeing him with 57 points, was curious what others think he'll achieve this season. Own him in two keepers. I think ultimately he is a lock for 60+ points. When I watch him play, he's dangerous on the ice more often than not. Like a Marchand, his motor is always going and he has a nose for the net and a quick release. Other projections would be appreciated.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Atkinson had 59 points in 68 games to start 2016-17. Aside from that stretch he has 168 points in 314 total NHL games. I think 60+ points is far from a lock, especially since - as I noted above - he's apparently stuck on a line with Dubinsky.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Chances are he will be on a line with Dubinsky and Jenner but should get PP time with Wennberg, Panarin which is very good. Still got him down for 60~ pts and would be happy to own him in any league.

Dobber Sports Sage

Atkinson had a 1 pt/gm average for the first half of last season then went to .65 and .38 the last two quarters. The last 4 seasons he ranged from .65 to .50. Last year he also had a career high shot % at 14.8 which is nearly 3% higher than his previous high.

Put me down for 55 pts.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov