Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeAngelo as a NYR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: DeAngelo as a NYR

Really want to be able to keep DeA over Yandle. But NYR seems to Be fantasy death for So many

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Really want to be able to keep DeA over Yandle. But NYR seems to Be fantasy death for So many
    Ya I had planned to keep DeA over some forwards (Bjorkstrand or Zibanejad for example). Rethinking that
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    Ya I had planned to keep DeA over some forwards (Bjorkstrand or Zibanejad for example). Rethinking that
    Looking at your signature (guessing that's your team in question, ) no chance I keep DeAngelo over Bjork now and would be a ballsy yet admirable move to keep him over Zibs IMO.

Dobber Sports Veteran

DeAngelo fascinates me on these boards. His value as a fantasy asset is the subject of some of the strongest, yet polar opposite, opinions. I see the merit in both views. Interested to see what becomes of his time in NY. Though it is kind of wild that as a 21 year old highly touted prospect he's already on his 3rd franchise.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    DeAngelo fascinates me on these boards. His value as a fantasy asset is the subject of some of the strongest, yet polar opposite, opinions. I see the merit in both views. Interested to see what becomes of his time in NY. Though it is kind of wild that as a 21 year old highly touted prospect he's already on his 3rd franchise.
    Hell ya he's polarizing. Especially in these forums.
    I recall the trade to Zona and how Dobber et al designated his potential fantasy production. So Far... they're not wrong, but I'm still Intrigued at his Tampa potential.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Looking at your signature (guessing that's your team in question, ) no chance I keep DeAngelo over Bjork now and would be a ballsy yet admirable move to keep him over Zibs IMO.
    Thanks for that assessment. Defence are at a premium in our league- best available of established D is Dobber ranked 47- Spurgeon, so swinging for the fences with DeAngelo made sense. On the other hand early 50s forwards like Z are a dime a dozen. Had planned to drop and draft Bjork.

Now, might just draft McAvoy or Montour and see if I can get DeAngelo back in the midrounds.

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

A key point of difference is between those who care about off-ice behaviour and personality issues (real, imagined and rumoured), and those who focus on talent and assume that anything off-ice will get buried/ignored when the player begins to score.

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks for that assessment. Defence are at a premium in our league- best available of established D is Dobber ranked 47- Spurgeon, so swinging for the fences with DeAngelo made sense. On the other hand early 50s forwards like Z are a dime a dozen. Had planned to drop and draft Bjork.

Now, might just draft McAvoy or Montour and see if I can get DeAngelo back in the midrounds.
    I'd support that plan!

Dobber Sports Veteran

A key point of difference is between those who care about off-ice behaviour and personality issues (real, imagined and rumoured), and those who focus on talent and assume that anything off-ice will get buried/ignored when the player begins to score.
    Definitiley. But it also seems to me that folks have widely diverging opinions on how DeAngelo's skillset translates to long-term success/viability. Add in the potential off ice concerns, and the polar ends of those views all ears to widen even further.

In any case, that's why I really enjoy reading DeAngelo related posts. A lot of room for reasonable minds to differ.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Definitiley. But it also seems to me that folks have widely diverging opinions on how DeAngelo's skillset translates to long-term success/viability. Add in the potential off ice concerns, and the polar ends of those views all ears to widen even further.

In any case, that's why I really enjoy reading DeAngelo related posts. A lot of room for reasonable minds to differ.
    Reading Jake Gardiner discussions over the past three years, in order, is also fascinating. And instructive of how fickle this board can be in short term assessments!

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Stud

A few points

Klein is rumored to be retiring

DeAngelo will have to earn his minutes and will be in the AHL if he doesn't follow the AV rules
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I get that NYR wanted the 7th overall pick and to shed Stepan's salary but they must see something in DeAngelo to have given up Raanta in the deal. I just can't see them making this trade and then sending DeAnn to the minors. Makes no sense. They traded for him to run their PP imo. Why else would they have given up so much?
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Stud

According to Gorton, Raanta was make or break in the deal.

Further Antti wanted to be a starting netminder and this deal allows him to at least be in the running for those kinds of minutes.

Its not as if NY was going to keep Raanta around when his contract was up. What with Henrik's HUGE contract, there is now way the Rangers would flush more money on goalies. At least in my opinion that isn't going to happen.

As Jeff Gorton said "NY is confident in its ability to develop netminders and they have had quite a few good ones over the years." They simply have to go out and spend some of the 20+ million in cap space on a backup who can spell Henrik down the stretch. It appears as if the Rangers have 11 back to back games, which is a rather favorable schedule next season.

meanwhile Allaire will continue to tutor Lundqvist/Talbot/Raanta & the kids in the goalie pipeline for NY will simmer. Hopefully one of them bakes up well enough.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Igor Shestyorkin.....he plays for a loaded SKA team in the KHL but his stats are ridiculous.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Monster

Now that Shattenkirk has signed it might not help his case in the short run but might be better long term where he won't be pressured to run the teams pp right away. In spurts last year he looked very good but needs consistency. Got him down for 30~ points next year if he plays a full season.