Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Goodbye Derek

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Goodbye Derek

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    it's nice to be back in the first round since 2012 but this draft does not look promising IMO and NY is not getting Patrick or Herschier so all I see is two proven assets dealt away for one with limited experience and a prospect.
    Well you can put me down in the camp that firmly believes the difference in talent between the top 2 and top 10 is marginal. I think when all is said and done there will be guys taken in the 3-11 range that will have very similar, if not better, careers to Nico and Nolan - the hype is just out of hand with those 2. Every year they need to make a rivalry to sell the game. That is all this is. I think there are at least 4 or 5 other forwards that are right there with them in terms of talent and potential...

I think the Rangers get a very, very good prospect at 7 - unless they pull a Sweeney...

This isn't a bad draft - it's average at worst - we've just been extremely spoiled with the last two.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Glass gets constant comparisons to Getzlaf, Scheifele & Johansen... screams week at #5
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

well let's go back in time, I am 27 now....when Gaborik came to NY it was 2009. So Richards I was 21 and Gaborik I was 19, I just amount it to me being young and dumb with my $$$. Like come when I bought the Stepan jersey at age 25 I factored in his age and he was signed to this current deal two days prior to purchase. Back in my younger youth I was simply just going for the players that got me out of my seat.
    The Stepan investment was definitely sound, can't blame you for being bummed about that.

Anyway, I shouldn't give you too much hell, it's certainly not nearly as bad as the Stars fans who I still I see at games sporting their Jagr Stars gear.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Well you can put me down in the camp that firmly believes the difference in talent between the top 2 and top 10 is marginal. I think when all is said and done there will be guys taken in the 3-11 range that will have very similar, if not better, careers to Nico and Nolan - the hype is just out of hand with those 2. Every year they need to make a rivalry to sell the game. That is all this is. I think there are at least 4 or 5 other forwards that are right there with them in terms of talent and potential...

I think the Rangers get a very, very good prospect at 7 - unless they pull a Sweeney...

This isn't a bad draft - it's average at worst - we've just been extremely spoiled with the last two.
    I think the biggest difference from 1-2 and 3-7 is that you need to wait an extra year (or two) before those 3-7 picks get to the NHL. And with extra wait time, there's also some additional risk as well because they need to continue developing. But yeah, talent/potential wise they are right up there with Nolan and Nico.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post

absolutely I mean Jamie Benn tells us all that draft position means nothing. The one prospect I would have interest in is Owen Tippett, NY needs a dangerous goal scorer, it is what has always been missing. The team is loaded at forward yes but nobody is a game breaker. Always go back to 2010 draft in my head when they could've had Tarasenko. With a dangerous shooter like that they might've captured a title or two the past five years.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think the biggest difference from 1-2 and 3-7 is that you need to wait an extra year (or two) before those 3-7 picks get to the NHL. And with extra wait time, there's also some additional risk as well because they need to continue developing. But yeah, talent/potential wise they are right up there with Nolan and Nico.
    As per usual - totally agree Jouko!

absolutely I mean Jamie Benn tells us all that draft position means nothing. The one prospect I would have interest in is Owen Tippett, NY needs a dangerous goal scorer, it is what has always been missing. The team is loaded at forward yes but nobody is a game breaker. Always go back to 2010 draft in my head when they could've had Tarasenko. With a dangerous shooter like that they might've captured a title or two the past five years.
    I don't disagree re: Tippett. They definitely have someone in mind at 7 - Mittelstadt, Tippett, Pettersson or Suzuki would be my guess. I'd be surprised if any of those guys slip past 10.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Pro

absolutely I mean Jamie Benn tells us all that draft position means nothing.
    That's like saying Tom Brady tells us that draft position means nothing. Mid/late round superstars are the exception... much less common than top of the 1st round superstars.

Maybe draft position doesn't mean everything, but it most certainly doesn't mean nothing...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    That's like saying Tom Brady tells us that draft position means nothing. Mid/late round superstars are the exception... much less common than top of the 1st round superstars.

Maybe draft position doesn't mean everything, but it most certainly doesn't mean nothing...
    Alexandre Daigle
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov