Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [TRADE] Stepan/Raanta to ARI

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [TRADE] Stepan/Raanta to ARI

Re: centre: Just saw Axe's post - forgot about Hayes. Must be the off-season.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    NYR Questions:

1. Who is the NYR C2 likely to be?
    2. Is this move done because they think they can get Shattenkirk with enough cap space?
    3. Was it really a good idea to move Raanta at this stage of King Henrik's career?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    3. Was it really a good idea to move Raanta at this stage of King Henrik's career?
    I guess they're ready to sink that window with King Henrik's eventual decline. (He still looked every bit of a king this offseason though).
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Superstar

the window is already closed let's be real.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

The Great One

Stepan really isn't worth the money he is getting paid. Knowing the Rangers, they will find a way to spend his money somewhere else in free agency (Shattenkirk) or they will acquire a player (Galchenyuk, Duchene).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Stepan really isn't worth the money he is getting paid. Knowing the Rangers, they will find a way to spend his money somewhere else in free agency (Shattenkirk) or they will acquire a player (Galchenyuk, Duchene).
    But isn't that exactly what cap space is for? To acquire players from free agency or through trades?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    But isn't that exactly what cap space is for? To acquire players from free agency or through trades?
    I've watched enough players in their late 20's come to this squad just to falter and Shattenkirk they just do not need IMO especially at the price and duration of time he will command. Nash came at age 28 and that did nothing for instance, we're at point in league now where it's only when you get the guy in his young 20's a la Seguin deal that it is worth it. Am I saying I would not take 32 year old Crosby no but he's a different case. Shatt Deuces has offensive flair but he does not impress me defensively and AV demands two way play from all.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I've watched enough players in their late 20's come to this squad just to falter and Shattenkirk they just do not need IMO especially at the price and duration of time he will command. Nash came at age 28 and that did nothing for instance, we're at point in league now where it's only when you get the guy in his young 20's a la Seguin deal that it is worth it. Am I saying I would not take 32 year old Crosby no but he's a different case. Shatt Deuces has offensive flair but he does not impress me defensively and AV demands two way play from all.
    I'm not saying they should sign Shattenkirk, just that not spending the money isn't going to make them better. There was also that "acquire a player like Duchene or Galchenyuk" option mentioned.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm not saying they should sign Shattenkirk, just that not spending the money isn't going to make them better. There was also that "acquire a player like Duchene or Galchenyuk" option mentioned.
    there's def more moves coming now that they have two centers haha. If one of those two came I would welcome it rather it be Duchene honestly. To clear that much space per year for next 3 years they are def gonna bring someone in and are preparing for imminent RFA signings next summer.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

The Great One

my point is that knowing the Rangers they won't just leave that cap space alone. I suspect they have other moves in mind to use up that space. I doubt they dumped the salary for no reason.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't mind this at all. hate to see stepan go but were filling a need here. we need a right handed defenseman that can play hockey. we also need to have a first round selection to fill the cupboards. when was the last first round pick we had like 2012 or something.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wonder if that moment of Stepan yelling at Ludqvist to calm down, had any part of this decision. Not to mention the capable backup Raanta being shipped out to reinforce that Ludqvist is the #1 guy. This trade may have a major political element motivating it from NYR's perspective.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

late to the thread, the draft happened Saturday at 9am for me and my school was open. Couldn't watch as closely as I would have liked and posting was not a possibility.

First, Step is paid like a 1A center yet does not really fill every box one would hope for with that cap hit. Further he openly admitted he failed to produce this past post season. He was really fighting it for extended periods of time last season as well. Considering that he was a 2nd round pick and put up some very nice numbers for NY, to be able to move him and his contract for what is essentially 2 first round picks is good value.

I have had some limited discussions with Andrew Barroway and he made a few "one step back, two step forward" moves over the last season or three. Now he has full control of the franchise and was ready to take it to the next level. Step is an excellent passer, has good speed and is defensively responsible. He is going to make the Coyotes MUCH more competitive. Keller/Strome/Dvorak can now compete for the other slots behind Dstep. Their blueline can afford to lose DeAngelo as well as they have a few more very promising kids in the pipeline.

Stepan has a good ranger and I am a little sad to see him go, but the return is more than I expected. Further I have full faith in NYs ability to draft. Their last 3 first round picks are all on the team in Kreider, Skjei and JT Miller, they also drafted Buchnevich, Fast. Andersson & Chytil both look promising with some seasoning which NY can give them. Its been awhile since NY had two first round picks...

Raanta is a good goalie. He plays the angles well, is rarely if ever out of position and has a very nice glove. Like Talbot, I think Raanta is the starter for Zona next season and puts up some very good numbers.

I think DeAngelo the "local" kid was gravy in that he plays the right side which NY is in need of. It also adds another Lightning-Ranger player to the mix as well which is a nice addition to the story between the 2 clubs. His skating is great which fits NY's style well too.

Ultimately NY ends up with 20 million dollars of cap space. Thats alot of money.

The question now is what does Gorton do with it. Unlike Slats who seemed to go for the salty older guys, Gorton prefers to acquire younger players.

He needs to lock up

Zibanejad
    Skjei
    Fast

find a backup netminder and a top pairing Right side Dman.

the jury is still out on next season for the club but I like the direction they moved in
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Im indifferent on Stepan. Here's a chance on him proving his worth in AZ.

The key here though is Raanta. I think he can be special. Love the move by the Yotes.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov