Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Hurricanes dangling Hanifin

The Great One

Default Re: [Rumour] Hurricanes dangling Hanifin

Galchenyuk is indeed a center......who can't take draws. Hence the issue.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Galchenyuk is indeed a center......who can't take draws. Hence the issue.
    about as bad at draws as Kuznetsov. neither were 40% this year were they?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't think there's any evidence to say Galchenyuk is a guaranteed top line talent. He for sure still has the potential to be, but there is zero definitive evidence that he is one.
    Before he hurt his knee, he was having a great year. Just never got it back when he returned. Maybe he is not very good on faceoffs, but that is a skill that can be learned.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Before he hurt his knee, he was having a great year. Just never got it back when he returned. Maybe he is not very good on faceoffs, but that is a skill that can be learned.
    good on draws for Galchenyuk will be 44% A career year he might creep to 47%... that's best case scenario... I think he's got top line talent, I just don't know if he's got the consistent drive to achieve it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Sure. I think he's a top line talent and I think he's really good. Think. I'm in the camp that Montreal should make him their 1C and keep him.

But he certainly hasn't shown enough to say he's "unquestionably" a top line player. There's a lot of questions there.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sure. I think he's a top line talent and I think he's really good. Think. I'm in the camp that Montreal should make him their 1C and keep him.

But he certainly hasn't shown enough to say he's "unquestionably" a top line player. There's a lot of questions there.
    That exactly is why it's a bad idea to trade Galchenyuk now. He hasn't proven himself yet, so other teams are not going to pay full price for him based on potential alone. Montreal would be better off keeping Galchenyuk but I think that bridge might be burnt already and they're just trying to get whatever they can at this point.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That exactly is why it's a bad idea to trade Galchenyuk now. He hasn't proven himself yet, so other teams are not going to pay full price for him based on potential alone. Montreal would be better off keeping Galchenyuk but I think that bridge might be burnt already and they're just trying to get whatever they can at this point.
    Couldn't you say the same about Hanifin?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Does Hanifin have negative underperformance connotations with him? I don't think you'd be selling low on Hanifin, but I do think you would on Galchenyuk.

The Great One

What do the Leafs add to JVR to land Hanifin?

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree.

Does Hanifin have negative underperformance connotations with him? I don't think you'd be selling low on Hanifin, but I do think you would on Galchenyuk.
    Fair enough. I was just referring more towards moving them before they've come close to reaching their potential. I think both have that in common right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    What do the Leafs add to JVR to land Hanifin?
    a 1st maybe a prospect as well. JVR would need an extension for it to work

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If they are expecting other teams to value Hanifin as top-pair D-man, then absolutely. But I think Carolina is having a more reasonable asking price for him, selling him as a top-4 defenseman with upside. If they're happy with the return they'll get with that, then there's no problem.

Of course one big difference is that Hanifin has proven he can play his position ('D') at the NHL level whereas Galchenyuk hasn't proven that if they're selling him as a center. Other teams can't pay full "center" price if they don't know he can play that.

If Montreal would sell Galchenyuk as top-6 forward with upside instead of top-line center, and they're happy with that return they get on that, then I'm sure they'll get a deal done. It's just a matter of asking price and what you're happy with in return.

Dobber Sports Stud

Isn't Burnaby Joe on record as saying he didn't like the offers he got for Duchene so far ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Expert

Um.
    Double Um

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree but sometimes when a player knows the teams trying to move him and don't due to not getting the return it can really mess up things
    Really tough situation.

Edit haha maybe I should read whole post as that I think was the pointy were trying to get across.