Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Panrin/Saad flip spots

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Panrin/Saad flip spots

Full trade is now in the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, I think Chicago is much worse than they were 2 hours ago. Panarin is a way better player than Saad.

Dobber Sports Monster

dam, wonder how well panarin does without Kane by his side next season. big trade for sure

Frank Seravalli‏ @frank_seravalli

Belief is Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane let it be known to #Hawks how much they missed Saad. They loved him.
    Apparently Kane hates Panarin.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not so much of a Chicago fan, so I don't know if the real life value of those players are lower than what I thought it was, but I just don't understand why CHI would trade a 1st liner + top 4 def (even top 2 according to some) for I what I would consider lesser additions. Is there something I don't see here?
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    I'm not so much of a Chicago fan, so I don't know if the real life value of those players are lower than what I thought it was, but I just don't understand why CHI would trade a 1st liner + top 4 (even top 2 according to some) for I what I would consider lesser additions. Is there something I don't see here?
    im thinking the same thing. unless he wasn't getting along with others in the locker room....like kane

Greg Wyshynski @wyshynski 1m

I'd like to formally thank Pekka Rinne for apparently driving Stan Bowman insane.
    Here here

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    I'm not so much of a Chicago fan, so I don't know if the real life value of those players are lower than what I thought it was, but I just don't understand why CHI would trade a 1st liner + top 4 def (even top 2 according to some) for I what I would consider lesser additions. Is there something I don't see here?
    Blackhawks downgraded their 2nd best winger and 2nd best D-man, and only gained $250k of cap space. I don't understand it either. Maybe they don't like Europeans?

The Great One

Would it have been better to sell super high on Toews/Kane rather than sign them to $+10M deals?

It takes HUGE balls to do something like this, but looking back would anyone object to this direction?

Depends greatly on the return you could have gotten, but the deals Toews/Kane signed is clearly making it very difficult for the Hawks to conduct business.

As a Leafs fan, I hope this is something our players can look at and hopefully they all take discounts to keep a winning team together for longer than 5ish years. Having said that, the Hawks deserve massive credit for how long they've been contenders under the cap era.

The Great One

Panarin was what he was on Chicago, and was about to get lots more expensive. And let's not forget that Saad, despite his longer NHL tensure, is younger than Panarin.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson will make a great first line.
    12 Teams Keep All - 25 players - Pts only (FWD: 1 pt per goal and assist - DEF: 2 pts per goal, 1 pt per assist - GOA: 2 pts per win, 4 pts per SO) / Active roster: 9 Fwds, 4 Defs, 2 Goalies

F: S. Crosby, T. Hall, V. Tarasenko, R. Strome, J. Gaudreau, J. Guentzel, D. Pastrnak , M. Rantanen, S. Aho, P. Buchnevich, E. Kuznetzov, M. Pacioretty, J. Pavelski, J. Marchessault, D. Perron
    D: K. Letang, D. Doughty, J. Carlson, D. Hamilton, B. Montour
    G: V. Husso, J. Quick, C. Hellebyuck, F. Andersen

Dobber Sports Titan

Pekka Rinne drove Bowman insane in that first round. Ony explanation.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chicago's fall from grace is happening alot faster than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Would it have been better to sell super high on Toews/Kane rather than sign them to $+10M deals?

It takes HUGE balls to do something like this, but looking back would anyone object to this direction?

Depends greatly on the return you could have gotten, but the deals Toews/Kane signed is clearly making it very difficult for the Hawks to conduct business.

As a Leafs fan, I hope this is something our players can look at and hopefully they all take discounts to keep a winning team together for longer than 5ish years. Having said that, the Hawks deserve massive credit for how long they've been contenders under the cap era.
    Agreed.

Can't wait back until we look back in two years and people are saying this about Ovechkin.

Toews and Kane are massively overpaid for what they provide, and Chicago will not be able to properly compete with those contracts.

Dobber Sports Monster

with saad they made 3 straight deep playoff runs
    as soon as panarin came to chicago they never went past the 1st round

not saying it's all his fault but they must really love the way saad plays or something to get him back at all costs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Agreed.

Can't wait back until we look back in two years and people are saying this about Ovechkin.

Toews and Kane are massively overpaid for what they provide, and Chicago will not be able to properly compete with those contracts.
    Highly overpaid, but they would have really shaken / lost the fan base with moves like that.