Thread: Draft day trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Draft day trade

Would you take this deal in a points only league? 12 teams with 10 forwards and 5 D per team, plus minor league players.

My #9 overall in this draft
    A first round pick next for next year's draft, expected to between pick #4-8. Could actually be anywhere between #1-12

for

His #4 overall this year

It's for this years draft class, plus some guys that were skipped over in the past. Keller and Guentzel are the only notables that would be in the top 10. I know that Keller and Guentzel will be taken #1 and #2. So the #4 pick will be whoever is left between Nico/Nolan. I know Heiskanen and Makar will be gone before #9, as D-men come at a premium in our league. So # 9 would likely be one of Petterson, Mittelstadt, Liljegren.

I'm a bit thin on prospects right now, so having the two first rounders would help, but would those 2 picks be better than Nico/Nolan?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Draft day trade

If it were just this year's prospects, I'd probably hold tight.

But Nico/Nolan will be better than #8 in 2018. So if can get one of them with the #4 overall this year, I'd do it.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

The Great One

Too much IMO.

9th overall this year, plus an early 2nd rounder next year is more than fair to move up 5 spots

Dobber Sports Jedi

what does your team look like? if you can win next year or seriously compete it's not so bad as next years pick will be 8-12. but where you project yourself mid-3rd of next year, I'm not so sure.. as next year is said to be much deeper than this years draft.

I wouldn't do it as you could be screwing youself in a big way.

The way I see it, this years draft the C’s that go 6-10tonight in 5 years are going to be on par or damn close to on par with Nico/Nolan.The difference is years 1-2. They’re going to get the NHL head start. Theothers will develop in CHL, NCAA, AHL then play catchup production wise to year5 – see 2011 for a good example of this RNH 1st, Landeskog 2nd…Scheifele 7th.1 & 2played year draft year +1. Scheifele got 2 more years of Junior before breakingin with the Jets… who would you rather have now?

I think this draft will turn out similar to that – in regardto the later picks. I’m not comparing either Nico/Nolan to RNH. They’re both going to be better. The gap justisn’t big enough for me to give up the 9th as well as next yearsmiddle 1st pick.

I'd also swing for the fences with Mittlestadt at 9
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the responses so far. I'll try negotiating to have next years pick changed to a second

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by smytty View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far. I'll try negotiating to have next years pick changed to a second
    if he won't I would just kill the deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He countered with this:

I get:
    #4 overall 2017
    2018 2nd

He gets:
    #9 overall 2017
    2018 1st
    2017 5th