Thread: Bean or Juolevi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bean or Juolevi

Who will be better for FANTASY, Jake Bean or Oli Juolevi?
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Bean or Juolevi

Juolevi will be the better all around dman, and better in real life. if your league counts peripherals, he'll do much better in those. but in points-only settings, i'd take bean, quite easily.
    I believe that in a year from now we'll be talking about bean like we currently talk about shea Theodore. and bean might have the same issues cracking the canes' roster as Theodore had trying to crack the ducks' roster!

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan;1771761[B
    ]Juolevi will be the better all around dman, and better in real life. if your league counts peripherals, he'll do much better in those. but in points-only settings, i'd take bean, quite easily[/B].
    I believe that in a year from now we'll be talking about bean like we currently talk about shea Theodore. and bean might have the same issues cracking the canes' roster as Theodore had trying to crack the ducks' roster!
    My thoughts exactly. Juolevi may ultimately be the "better" defenseman, but Bean is more likely to consistently put up better point totals if he is given the chance in Carolina.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Bean for me in this situation as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Juolevi will be the better all around dman, and better in real life. if your league counts peripherals, he'll do much better in those. but in points-only settings, i'd take bean, quite easily.
    Nailed it for me as well. Plus, it's fun to own a player with the name Bean.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bean's offense is certainly a notch above Juolevi, but he's a bit more risky. Juolevi is going to be more trustworthy and that is pretty important for an NHL team. Bean could flame out if he can't ge trusted at both ends, and I just don't know that he will (or won't). Bigger upside with Bean, but a bigger chance of having a big time negative plus minus as well.

Dobber Sports Monster

Juolevi = Better real life d man
    Bean = Better fantasy life d man

Bean has great skating and tremendous offensive instincts. Excited what he can do in the coming years.