Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's Been A While

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: It's Been A While

Hey Mac! Great to see you back. Thanks for the check in. I'm Intrigued on the steps you took to actually address and overcome your personal Challenges.

But more so, just happy to see you back and Happy!

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't believe I was an active member of these boards before you disappeared. That doesn't really matter. What matters is, by the sounds of it, you've done some deep inner reflecting, soul searching and identified where personal issues in your life lay. To have the courage and strength to then make the decision to do something about it says a lot about you as a person inside. Good for you.

With the world whipping us at 1000 miles an hour less and less people seem to have time to look out for others. You need to always take a moment, self-assess where, who you are and determine what your mental capacity is in that moment. Being able to identify when to say no to something for your own mental health is huge. A skill most people don't think about. One we all need to do more often.

15 years ago I made a somewhat similar decision, different life-factors obviously, but I packed up and moved from NS to BC. My life was in a rut. Arriving here, it took a couple months to adjust, find my skin, let alone get comfortable in it, and settle in. It gave my life the reset it needed. I got my degree, a solid job, a house, and most importantly a loving, supportive,,amazing beautiful, daughter and wife.

You're finding your path, not all paths are the me, not every one we choose are bad, just some are better. They all define us in various ways.

It makes me happy to see you starting to find your way. Keep it up, keep going.

Welcome back to the boards, although to me, this is the 1st post I've seen from you, so... welcome to the boards ol'time-newbie.

Cheers & Good luck
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thank you all.

This place is just as I remember it years ago. I will pop by every now and then.

All the best to everyone.

Dobber Sports Monster

Not familiar with you but am glad to hear you were able to better your life, am dealing with many of the same problems you had and know it can be very hard. Keep doing what you are doing and maybe you can give me some advice on some players (pts only) for next season lol.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Not familiar with you but am glad to hear you were able to better your life, am dealing with many of the same problems you had and know it can be very hard. Keep doing what you are doing and maybe you can give me some advice on some players (pts only) for next season lol.
    Feel free to send me a private message and I'll give you my picks.

Banned

Glad to hear from you again.