Thread: Niskanen - Orlov - Bowey. Changing of the guard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Niskanen - Orlov - Bowey. Changing of the guard

I own all three in my contending keeper league. I feel like I cant hold on to all three of them and am mostly inclined to try to at least scavenge a draft pick for Niskanen. I feel like I get the best of both worlds with Orlov, but how does his ceiling compare to Bowey's these days? Bowey seems to be getting some pressure from Christian Djoos, who doesn't have anywhere near his pedigree, and Orlov is already there - but he needs to have a bigger season in my opinion, or risk losing some valuable power-play opportunity when those newcomers are able to crack the lineup.

Is Orlov my best bet short, and long term, or do I use him as a trading chip and hold on to Niskanen as he fades, and hope for Bowey to be able to take over eventually? I'm definitely win-now with these guys, so my first reflex is to want to stick with Orlov as my 3-4 defenseman behind Burns, OEL and Yandle
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Niskanen - Orlov - Bowey. Changing of the guard

hold Orlov and hope he gets the needed scenario, try to dangle Niskanen out there while he still has value. I do not know anything of this Bowey guy sop cannot comment regarding him. Holding Orlov gives you a fine D corps.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    hold Orlov and hope he gets the needed scenario, try to dangle Niskanen out there while he still has value. I do not know anything of this Bowey guy sop cannot comment regarding him. Holding Orlov gives you a fine D corps.
    This is good, but I could see the Caps giving him a better scenario too (i.e. more PP time). But as of right now in the Caps organization it appears Djoos is ahead of Bowey, especially with the previous seasons they each had. Bowey stands out with a more NHL frame but Djoos has shown a lot last year, especially with offense and transition play
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Jedi

Bowey could be another year away. He was hampered by injuries (foot I believe) this past year and seems to have been passed on a depth chart as a result. I'm expecting another year in the AHL to log big minutes, with call ups due to injuries. 18/19 is more likely.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4