Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Today's rumours- Methot, TVR, Duchene on the move?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Today's rumours- Methot, TVR, Duchene on the move?

Just rumours at this point but-

~Per McKenzie- Dallas interested in Methot

~Per Dreger- Duchene to NYI for a D ( Hamonic or DeHaan?), also hearing Eberle to the Islanders as well as Duchene CHECK (well the Eberle part anyway)

~TVR to Carolina CHECK

~Collin Miller to the Leafs (update from Bob McKenzie- Miller to TOR may make all kinds of sense, and who knows, maybe it happens, but my understanding is it's not been on their radar recently.)

~Vegas trying to package 1st rounders to move up to the 1 or 2 spot to take Patrick (strong ties to him with MacCrimmon)

~Pat Hickey reports the Canadiens are actively shopping for a top-four defenseman. He notes they unsuccessfully attempted to acquire blueliner Marco Scandella from the Wild prior to the expansion draft roster freeze on Saturday.

~Detroit trying to move Mrazek- Ansar Khan reports the Detroit Red Wings decision to leave goaltender Petr Mrazek unprotected in the expansion draft indicates their preference for Jimmy Howard and Jared Coreau as their goalies for next season. “Now, they will continue trying to trade Mrazek. Few teams are in the market for a starting goalie — Arizona and Philadelphia are perhaps among the select group.”

~Per Frank Seravalli- Sounds like Marcus Kruger may indeed still be heading to VGK, possibly as soon as Thursday when the trade freeze is lifted.

~Further to @DarrenDreger report, Chris Pronger to be named Sr. Advisor to Pres of Hockey Ops with @FlaPanthers.

~Per McKenzie- MIN has to figure which D it's going to trade. Brodin will fetch best yield but my sense is he is D the Wild least want to part with.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Today's rumours- Methot, TVR, Duchene on the move?

What would New Jersey or Philly need to give up the shot at Hischier or Patrick??

Would love to see Vegas move up to 1 or 2, but if it is 2 I am hoping the Flyers get a great package for that!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think the trading continues big time today.
    GMs are really starting to understand win-win for their team/cap structure now... better than ever before.
    Past NHL trading was so often about playervalue-vs-playervalue.
    And now GMs are focusing more on when the whole team is planing to peak - taking on shit contracts if they aren't close to competing.
    You've got dedicated losers & dedicated winners and that will promote trading.

I've speculated recently that DAL isn't that far off from returning to high contention.
    They just needed one really solid stay-at-home lumbering (yet mobile) defenseman.
    Enter Methot.

LH Methot - RH Klingberg
    Um... yep. Absolutely.Perfect. (Looks... familar)
    LH Lindell - RH Johns.
    Niiiice.
    LH Hamhuis - RH Honka.
    And... we're done.

Trade the #3 down to #6...
    Possibly still draft one of Vilardi/Mittelstadt/Glass at #6 (assuming there's a Makar or Heiskanen jumper GM in the top 5)

Bishop now in net.

Back to playoffs.

#NillSavesHisBacon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

FWIW I've heard there are "attitude" problems with Mrazek. Could be part of the reason as to why they are willing to move on from him. That and his inconsistency.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by blackaces View Post
    FWIW I've heard there are "attitude" problems with Mrazek. Could be part of the reason as to why they are willing to move on from him. That and his inconsistency.
    When I heard that Detroit was keeping Howard, I considered that there might be internal issues with Mrazek's character.
    The goalies that can sit back and just take their benchings, be quiet, team player (Howard, Fleury, etc.) they end up just fine.
    Hot-head goalies... boy... you better be uber-talented to stay around in the NHL.

I speak about clubhouse-atmosphere a lot... (and I feel like a lot of people don't think it's important)... it's important.
    Word gets around with GMs. Toxic lockerrooms are bad.
    Be a shame if Mrazek gets to the end of the line too fast... though some team WILL take a chance on him.
    I believe his skill level IS still pretty solid, but maybe he just got too frustrated playing behind one of the worst 3 defenses in the NHL.

I could see Zona trading for Mrazek.
    Arizona is a good place for goalies... the team is shit, everybody knows they are shit... that's actually good for a goalie... to know the team is shit.
    It allows them to play loose. Nobody will criticize them or compare them to what they've done in the past.
    "Ah well, this team is bad, its OK Petr."

As much as I like Chayka's tact with numbers... I'm not sure if he has a lot of club-house experience.
    I have to think no... I suppose we'll see.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    When I heard that Detroit was keeping Howard, I considered that there might be internal issues with Mrazek's character.
    The goalies that can sit back and just take their benchings, be quiet, team player (Howard, Fleury, etc.) they end up just fine.
    Hot-head goalies... boy... you better be uber-talented to stay around in the NHL.

I speak about clubhouse-atmosphere a lot... (and I feel like a lot of people don't think it's important)... it's important.
    Word gets around with GMs. Toxic lockerrooms are bad.
    Be a shame if Mrazek gets to the end of the line too fast... though some team WILL take a chance on him.
    I believe his skill level IS still pretty solid, but maybe he just got too frustrated playing behind one of the worst 3 defenses in the NHL.

I could see Zona trading for Mrazek.
    Arizona is a good place for goalies... the team is shit, everybody knows they are shit... that's actually good for a goalie... to know the team is shit.
    It allows them to play loose. Nobody will criticize them or compare them to what they've done in the past.
    "Ah well, this team is bad, its OK Petr."

As much as I like Chayka's tact with numbers... I'm not sure if he has a lot of club-house experience.
    I have to think no... I suppose we'll see.
    sometimes it takes a trade to shake a player up and set them straight... other times, they become Cody Hodgson
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    sometimes it takes a trade to shake a player up and set them straight... other times, they become Cody Hodgson
    Mmmhmm. Agree.
    Two guys from same place to same place...
    Jeff Carter, solid.
    Mike Richards, garbage.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Mmmhmm. Agree.
    Two guys from same place to same place...
    Jeff Carter, solid.
    Mike Richards, garbage.
    Guess it pays to go through Columbus on your trade route!

But yes, great point.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Also hearing Vegas is pushing hard to get up to #1 or #2. might need to move to Dallas' #3 slot first, then trade up. Would #6 and #15 be enough to move to 3? Then 3 & #13 to get to #1? Or keep a pick and package a Dman with 6. Management has some ties to Patrick, so that would be who they're after (according to rumours)

Dobber Sports Deity

It wouldn't surprise me that VGKs are asking for Dallas' 3rd overall pick for Methot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Also hearing Vegas is pushing hard to get up to #1 or #2. might need to move to Dallas' #3 slot first, then trade up. Would #6 and #15 be enough to move to 3? Then 3 & #13 to get to #1? Or keep a pick and package a Dman with 6. Management has some ties to Patrick, so that would be who they're after (according to rumours)
    In a year like this, I would much rather keep #6, #13 and #15 than get the #1 pick with them. They could get Vilardi, Suzuki and Vesalainen with those picks; all guys who have top-6 upside. You could have your #1C, #2C, #2RW right there for the future. Is it better to get a slightly better #1C instead? Putting all your eggs into one basket, especially when that basket has a history of injuries and your team doesn't have much else as top-end talent... I just wouldn't do it.

If they can use a player they just chose (like Methot) to move up, then that makes much more sense. Guys like Methot, Neal, Perron etc. are probably not in their long-term plans anyway but they have lots of trade value, so that kind of move would make sense.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    In a year like this, I would much rather keep #6, #13 and #15 than get the #1 pick with them. They could get Vilardi, Suzuki and Vesalainen with those picks; all guys who have top-6 upside. You could have your #1C, #2C, #2RW right there for the future. Is it better to get a slightly better #1C instead? Putting all your eggs into one basket, especially when that basket has a history of injuries and your team doesn't have much else as top-end talent... I just wouldn't do it.

If they can use a player they just chose (like Methot) to move up, then that makes much more sense. Guys like Methot, Neal, Perron etc. are probably not in their long-term plans anyway but they have lots of trade value, so that kind of move would make sense.
    Totally agree, I'm not sure Vegas would really need to even give their 6th with Methot based on Dal. needs and wants to compete next year.. The diff in picks from 3-6 isn't worth a Methot IMO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Totally agree, I'm not sure Vegas would really need to even give their 6th with Methot based on Dal. needs and wants to compete next year.. The diff in picks from 3-6 isn't worth a Methot IMO
    Maybe they could give Methot and the 13th or the 15th overall pick?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Some trade evals:

TRADE DISCUSSION #1
    to DAL: Methot, 6th
    to VGK: 3rd
    I agree... this is too much for DAL, not enough for VGK to move up...

TRADE DISCUSSION #2
    to DAL: Methot, 13th
    to VGK: 3rd
    I believe this is too much for Dallas to give up. Methot may compliment Kling like he did for Karlsson... or he may not.

The sweet spot is somewhere in there... so I think they'll work it out somehow.
    Right now though (from what I read) - there is a drop-off in the draft picks from 7th to 8th/9th.
    So I think GMs will be hesitant to slip out of 3rd-7th completely unless they are getting a major asset.
    Not sure Methot is that major. Maybe.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm still holding out hope Philly makes a move for Pickard. He's showed very well behind some horrible defenses. I know its a HFboard trade but I'd like to see

Philly give

2nd pick + Nuevy (GMGM connection)

for

6th + 15th + Pickard

Win Win for both teams
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey