Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bob McKenzies flurry of rumours last night

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Bob McKenzies flurry of rumours last night

This is a good reminder to all of us fantasy hockey GMs: real-life GMs value Josh Manson higher than Shea Theodore. Keep that in mind when evaluating NHL trades. They don't always make sense to us fantasy hockey GMs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    This is a good reminder to all of us fantasy hockey GMs: real-life GMs value Josh Manson higher than Shea Theodore. Keep that in mind when evaluating NHL trades. They don't always make sense to us fantasy hockey GMs.
    Anaheim's GM can afford to like a Josh Manson more because he has the luxury of owning multiple Shea Theodore's compared to the lack of Josh Manson's.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    On my part, I am just blown away that Anaheim would consider trading Theodore. I understand it makes sense for the sake of keeping Vatanen (plus, they have Montour), but I just never considered it possible.
    True but I think Montour showed he was ahead of Theodore in the playoffs. Plus it gets them out of the Stoner albatross AND they get to Keep Vatanen and Manson. Not to mention they have Jacob Larsson waiting in the wings (along with potentially Marcus Pettersson and Josh Mahura). They can lose like 2 top young dmen and be fine haha.

Just stop Carlyle from using Bieksa 20+ mins a night
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In fairness, they get to keep Vatanen AND Manson AND they get to throw away trash (Stoner) in somebody else's yard.
    And I'd think they value Vatanen much higher but would also still like to keep Manson.
    I think suggesting Manson > Theodore is a bit incorrect.

(or were you being sarcastic?)

For me the (asset) values are:
    70 Theodore
    60 Vatanen
    50 Manson
    -10 Stoner Contract

Vegas could've straight had Vatanen (60)... with ANA keeping Theodore (70), Manson (50), Stoner Contract (-10).
    Instead they are willing to take Theodore (70) and Stoner Contract (-10)... leaving ANA with Vatanen (60) and Manson (50).

It's 60 for Vegas, 110 for Anaheim either way.
    They just figured out the way where each team valued the pieces better, in their own worlds.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

I think GMGM has stashed enough asset value that they are already above the bottom 3-5 NHL teams (COL, DET, VAN) in terms of full-team-assets.
    Add to that, VGK also has none of the liabilities those teams are saddled with, ie Varlamov, the Sedins etc.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Add to that, VGK also has none of the liabilities those teams are saddled with, ie Varlamov, the Sedins etc.
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say those are liabilities.
    They are contracts that end soon and the future player has no value if they are moving on.
    But the Sedins are still assets, I think VAN could trade them at deadline for a 1st rounder... if they choose too.
    I mean, heck, ARI got a 1st for a 2-month Martin Hanzal rental, so the Sedins still have value.
    (Varly... not so much)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Well they do still have to hit that cap floor. And in order to do that they're going to have to take some stinker contracts.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In fairness, they get to keep Vatanen AND Manson AND they get to throw away trash (Stoner) in somebody else's yard.
    And I'd think they value Vatanen much higher but would also still like to keep Manson.

70 Theodore
    60 Vatanen
    50 Manson
    -10 Stoner Contract

Vegas could've straight had Vatanen (60)... with ANA keeping Theodore (70), Manson (50), Stoner Contract (-10).
    Instead they are willing to take Theodore (70) and Stoner Contract (-10)... leaving ANA with Vatanen (60) and Manson (50).

They just figured out the way where each team valued the pieces better, in their own worlds.
    The other part of this is Theodore is further back in his development curve, and Anaheim is a win now team. They don't have time to wait even 2 years for Theodore to maybe be as good as Vatanen is right now. This is a bare bones break down with lots of swings in the values listed, but getting rid of Stoner's contract is huge, they definitely value Montour more than Theodore, and they need what Manson and Vatanen can give them right now way more than they need what Theodore maybe can give them 3 years from now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Deal is for real from the Panthers side from what i am hearing, unsure on the return,though. Dadonov sighting in Panthersland and strong rumors about Kovy as well.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Anaheim's GM can afford to like a Josh Manson more because he has the luxury of owning multiple Shea Theodore's compared to the lack of Josh Manson's.
    Fine, they value Sami Vatanen higher than Shea Theodore. Similar type of players. A few month ago, Vatanen was pure garbage based on the comments I read. People seemed to think they need to give away an additional asset to get rid of Vatanen. And here we are now.

70 Theodore
    60 Vatanen
    50 Manson
    -10 Stoner Contract

Anaheim has never been in risk of losing BOTH Vatanen and Manson, they could only lose one of them. If they just liked one of them, they could have just asked Bieksa to waive his NMC and then buy him out when he didn't. But they valued both of them higher than Theodore. If they really liked Theodore, they would find another way to get rid of Stoner's contract.

I'm sure we all here agree that those should be the asset values you mentioned. But it does look like at least the ANA GM sees things much differently. Maybe other real-life GMs as well.

Administrator

Maybe Josh Manson is just really good at hockey?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Fine, they value Sami Vatanen higher than Shea Theodore. Similar type of players. A few month ago, Vatanen was pure garbage based on the comments I read. People seemed to think they need to give away an additional asset to get rid of Vatanen. And here we are now.
    I remember the same comments being said about Kris Letang about two years ago...in fact even worse.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I legitimately don't ever remember people saying Anaheim should pay assets to get rid of Vatanen. It would be asinine now and it would be just as asinine at any point of the last 2 years for someone to say that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've seen rumblings on other sites that Tor is after james neal from Vegas... I have no idea why/how/what for? or how substantiated that is.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4