Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bob McKenzies flurry of rumours last night

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bob McKenzies flurry of rumours last night

Note that he states that he doesn't know any of this for certain but if McKenzie is tweeting it, then it adds credibility-

McKenzie's tweets:

There now may be a total of at least a dozen trades, if not more, in the hopper for VGK. Let's discuss those we know or think we know.
    9 replies 59 retweets 91 likes

Let's start with ANA. The belief is VGK will claim Clayton Stoner, pass on Manson/Vatanen and, in return for all that, get Shea Theodore.

Next up, CHI. @frank_seravalli reported awhile back net result would be VGK getting Trevor van Riemsdyk and taking on Marcus Krueger.

Next up, FLA. This may be the most interesting of the 8 suspected VGK pre-freeze trades. The surprise is FLA left Marchessault exposed. Presumption of course is that the FLA deal would be to get VGK to lay off taking Marchessault for an asset. But what if it's the opposite?
    It was suggested to me FLA's deal with VGK MAY actually be for Vegas to end up acquiring both Marchessault and Rielly Smith (also exposed).

Counter-intuitive as it may seem, there's been talk FLA was trying to move both Marchessault and Smith even before VGK entered the picture. Lately, there's been chatter that VGK have been talking about "secondary" expansion draft trades involving Marchessault/Smith.

Does that mean VGK will get Marchessault/Smith from FLA and subsequently move one or both? Can't report it as fact by any means......but mere possibility, real or imagined, is one of most fascinating expansion draft rumours/reports, call em whatever you like. We'll see.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Bob McKenzies flurry of rumours last night

Woah woah woah

Next up, MIN. Looks like RFA Erik Haula is VGK bound with new contract, along with a prospect. Read @Russostrib for more on that. In exchange for Haula/prospect, it's believed VGK will lay off exposed Dumba/Scandella/Staal, which means MIN could still trade a D in CHI.

Next up, PIT. Get sense this may have been first of all deals done with VGK. PIT sends draft pick to VGK to ensure new home for M-A Fleury.

Fleury, BTW, expected to be on hand/introduced during NHL Awards show. As I said Tuesday, he strikes me as likely face of VGK franchise.
    4 replies 111 retweets 221 likes

Finally, TB. "Hearing" VGK may take Garrison contract from TB. No details beyond that; not yet sure on incentive or anything firm, TBH.

Those are only expected/rumored/reported pre-freeze deals. VGK bound to have secondary trades on tap, claiming a player, then flipping him.

All these VGK deals have created quite a logjam. NHL GMs alternately awestruck/aggravated at how VGK GM George McPhee orchestrated it all.

Many talking about "The Pledge." That is, if VGK did deal with team, VGK insisted that team not do any other deals that could harm VGK.

All this, of course, The Pledge that is, was in the context of pre-freeze.

So from the moment a team did a deal with VGK, that team couldn't make pre-freeze trade with a third party if it affected VGK in any way.

Net effect, tho, is many GMs are champing at bit to start making deals again when "freeze" is lifted at 8 a.m. ET Thursday. Handcuffs off.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just read on TSN the Minn prospect going with Haula is Alex Tuch
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Just read on TSN the Minn prospect going with Haula is Alex Tuch
    Holy shit, that would be amazing. I had envisioned a Greenway-Haula-Tuch Legion of Doom line for Minnesota and two-thirds of that line would be going to Vegas!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Magnificent One

Wow - Theodore to Vegas would be intriguing.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's pretty incredible/awesome the way NHL teams have transformed to sort of REALLY understand how to help each other.
    [Take my shit, don't touch this, and I'll give you... THIS! VGK is those garbage men that got rich by working the rich neighbourhood]
    Its sort of that fantasy motto where teams realize they either need to be at the bottom or the top and not flounder in the middle.
    This sort of trend suggests NHL teams are going to need to rise for 5-7 years and then sink for 5-7 years and anybody that tries to just fight in the "middle" is going to end up in pergatory.
    For years the Red Wings kept grinding away at finding gems... but I think that NHL model is now dead.
    Sink or swim.
    Vegas has learned to sink hard for one-two years... and then have the chopper come rise them out of the water meteorically.
    #PlayoffsInYear3

Administrator

Apparently the expansion picks are in so now we wait for the mass leaks to happen.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Wow - Theodore to Vegas would be intriguing.
    Add this name to Maple Leafs trade rumours - fits perfectly with current state of team.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Holy shit, that would be amazing. I had envisioned a Greenway-Haula-Tuch Legion of Doom line for Minnesota and two-thirds of that line would be going to Vegas!
    Ya.. I'm starting to believe McPhee they're going to be a pretty good team.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ya.. I'm starting to believe McPhee they're going to be a pretty good team.
    "Going to be" and "Pretty good" are subjective terms - so I won't criticize too hard... because I, too, believe they'll be very good in their 3rd year.

I think GMGM has stashed enough asset value that they are already above the bottom 3-5 NHL teams (COL, DET, VAN) in terms of full-team-assets.

That said, the true development of this team will still be needing to turn those assets (draft picks & kids) into a very solid top 4D.
    If they don't sign anybody as UFA (Shattenkirk?)... will they even have a single NHL top 4D man on their roster?
    I believe the answer is going to be no.
    So... I think they'll do poorly, very poorly, for the first year or two - and eventually GMGM will strike for veteran D in year 2 and summer 2/3.

I can't wait to see the D though... everybody is paying them to "lay off" any solid, experienced NHL top 4D by giving picks/youth.
    It does still mean they don't have any top 4D.

Administrator

They'll be awful for a couple years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know why but I have a feeling that Vegas would be a better team if they just drafted from the available players left unprotected instead of making these side deals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont know why but I have a feeling that Vegas would be a better team if they just drafted from the available players left unprotected instead of making these side deals.
    On the short term, I'd completely agree.