Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whatever happened to...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Whatever happened to...

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I was looking for examples where guys actually did really well in the NHL at least for a little bit
    he was hyped so much, he should still count
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

I still remember i just graduated and was in my first year of college when Prucha had a break out year. Thought he would do that for a long time lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Ville Leino?

I was bored and looked back at some of my old fantasy hockey teams via my Yahoo profile and apparently I owned this guy when he broke out for 53 points with Philadelphia.

What about you guys? - Any players that you've owned that broke out in a big way for a really short while to make you look like a genius and then proceeded to fall off the face of the earth?
    Funny you bring him up ... just read an article that referenced him. Guess he played with new Leafs signee Rosen in Sweden

http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/maple-...wings-1.785008

Dobber Sports Giant

Another one who is playing now is Patrick Berglund... So much hype during his draft year, gets 47pts as a rookie, slumps the year after with 26pts but bounces back with 52pts in his full 3rd year, only to become a consistent 30-something pointer from there on out!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Marchessault.. anyone who owned him this year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wojtek Wolski and Jonathan Cheechoo. Man, Cheechoo had 56 goals and 93 points in one season. He followed that up with one more decent season with 69 points and then was essentially done as a decent NHL fantasy option.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wojtek Wolski and Jonathan Cheechoo. Man, Cheechoo had 56 goals and 93 points in one season. He followed that up with one more decent season with 69 points and then was essentially done as a decent NHL fantasy option.
    was one of the funnest nhl seasons for me to watch when i saw him tear it up back then. injuries sure derailed his career