Thread: T.J Oshie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default T.J Oshie

Loved the season Oshie had but in a cap league I'm not sure hes worth the 5.5-6 mil he will receive. Who do yall think is a good young replacement I could deal Oshie for right now? or pick compensation i assume would be around two 2nds maybe a late 1st?
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: T.J Oshie

He was pretty darn good for that cap hit no? I expect if healthy, is how is like a 20-30-50 threat (obviously can be higher as he has already shown) and is decent at hits sog pp etc. I think he's a decent value at that hit

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    He was pretty darn good for that cap hit no? I expect if healthy, is how is like a 20-30-50 threat (obviously can be higher as he has already shown) and is decent at hits sog pp etc. I think he's a decent value at that hit
    50 points is decent for sure but not if the cap is going to be 6.5+. and thats if everything breaks right going forward like it did this past season.
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ace

I still think he's ok at that cap hit. He's decent at points decent at hits. Decent at ppp. Decent at shp. Chips in at FOW.

It depends on what you can get. He's very decent across the board.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What type of scoring parameters does your league use? In a multicat i would think he would be in the right range if he gets a 6 mil payday. If its a straight points only, then he might not be worth that type of money in a cap league.

Dobber Sports Jedi

JVR 1yr left - 4.5m if it's points only Reinhart would be another comparable at a much lower price.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I'm not sure Oshie goes that high - think he takes less dollars and more term to stay with the Caps so think I'd hold for a minute. There are some red flags (shooting %) but that is a pretty nice spot skating with Ovechkin and Backstrom
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Whether he's worth it or not is league dependant to me. How many teams are in your league? How many guys do you roster at each positions? What is your salary cap set at for each team (does it mirror the NHL's actual cap, ie - $75 for the upcoming season)? Does your league exceed the NHL's cap?)?

His value is dependant on lots of things. I am in different salary cap leagues where he's worth rostering at $6M and some he isn't. Each league is a little different on it's setup and cap setup so your question as far as his worth to roster is varying from league to league.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether he's worth it or not is league dependant to me. How many teams are in your league? How many guys do you roster at each positions? What is your salary cap set at for each team (does it mirror the NHL's actual cap, ie - $75 for the upcoming season)? Does your league exceed the NHL's cap?)?

His value is dependant on lots of things. I am in different salary cap leagues where he's worth rostering at $6M and some he isn't. Each league is a little different on it's setup and cap setup so your question as far as his worth to roster is varying from league to league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Oshie is a downside lock for 50-55 points, and the potential for more, like last season, if things fall into place well for him and/or his team. Using the Pengwin7 formula of 10 points per $1M salary, he's still a decent guy if he's at or near $5.5M per season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't even think he stays in Washington - unless for a good value deal. I think that they are more inclined to fork out extra coin to sign Kuz.

I think he hits free agency, and, as always gets overpaid. I think he gets 6 year, $40m or something like that.

I'd personally deal him for a player that got maybe 10 points less, but was $1.5 m cheaper. The cap savings will be more signifigant comparing it to his new deal.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov