Thread: Nikolaj Ehlers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nikolaj Ehlers

so this past season in his 2nd full year in the league at the age of 21 he put up 64 points, most likely playing w/ Scheifle/Laine for the foreseeable future think he's a player who can push 80+ points?, or 65-75 more likely?, consider he only had 12 PPP this past season

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=164346
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Nikolaj Ehlers

Without any injuries and with the players around him, there is no reason for him not to get 65-68 pts again like last season. Like MArner in another thread, over 70 pts is a bit too much
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

The key for him is staying put on the top line both at ES and on the PP. If that happens, he's a lock for 70-75+, with a shot at point per game if the team and players around him improve as well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

don't think that should be a problem as they aren't that deep at LW, and Perreault won't be the one to take his spot, that's if he's even with them post expansion(Perreault), I figure he's their most creative lefty so top PP should be a lock (Laine/Scheifele/Little/Wheeler/Buff/Trouba all right handed)

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    The key for him is staying put on the top line both at ES and on the PP. If that happens, he's a lock for 70-75+, with a shot at point per game if the team and players around him improve as well.
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

The Great One

But I'd still consider Perreault to be a threat to act as a barrier to PP1 time for Ehlers
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

A coaching change and someone who knows how to run a PP, and yes he could push 80.

There were multiple times on HFboards last year that all the Jets fans were citing he was their best player and others were not finishing the chances he created, beyond even scheifele and Laine
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    But I'd still consider Perreault to be a threat to act as a barrier to PP1 time for Ehlers
    A barrier is not the problem. The problem is the Jets PP system has stunk for YEARS
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    Without any injuries and with the players around him, there is no reason for him not to get 65-68 pts again like last season. Like MArner in another thread, over 70 pts is a bit too much
    Personally I've got Marner on an entirely different level than Ehlers or Nylander. He's just filthy good

I think 65+ is a good expectation for Ehlers, I'm not totally comfortable locking him in to over 70pts yet. The ability is there.

Getting there once is one thing, becoming a annual threat is another.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I feel comfortable saying I expect 65-70 points. The main idea though is that he is typically seen as much lower value than his other WPG counterparts.
    Which means he is a bargain to draft , and possibly to trade for.

This kid is skilled and will be playing with Laine and Schieffle for the next decade plus. He will be a super star on that super star line. He's only going up.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ehlers is no lock for 70pts.
    There aren't many players that should be called "locks for 70pts".

Phil Kessel is a good guy to expand on.
    Kessel, for those that don't remember, was a more hyped dynamic winger prospect than Ehlers.
    Close to the one-notch-below Ovechkin-eliteness to come out of a draft.
    After his 60p in 70gp in his year 3, I think many were ready to peg Kessel as a sure-bet for 70+ yearly.

And its awesome to have a super-dynamic winger, but teams also offset these guys by having them play with two-way centers.
    There's no "super star lines" really in the NHL. There's balance.
    Too much offense can create a bad defense and then a coach goes and puts Tyler Bozak next to Kessel.
    Some years, yeah, everything clicks and he'll get 80.
    Other years, sub-70.

Winnipeg's got Ehlers, Scheifele, Laine... yeah, dynamite players.
    I'll say this, I'll say they spend more time apart then together.
    Winnipeg is also in that situation that seems "forever wonderful" when you've got these dynamic players on an ELC that allows all kinds of talent to be rostered.
    It seems too good right now - the stockpile of youth, but eventually you have to pay for it and the team scoring levels out (see Lighting, TB).

Ehlers will be looking at $6m+ in his 2018 RFA.
    Laine will be looking at $7m+ in his 2019 RFA.
    Wheeler probably needs $7m+ in his 2019 UFA.
    And the wheels are probably going to fall off Buff in the next 3 years.

Ehlers is about as sure a thing for 70+ yearly as Drouin was in TB.
    Oh - and that never happened either.

I like Ehlers, but realistically, he's 65-70pt range guy, with an every-third-year at 70+.

My 2 cents.

The Great One

Ehlers will be in the 60s... If everything goes right that could be 70s but that's a decent sized if... I love Ehlers but I think the window to buy him at a reasonable cost isn't there right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

is he keeper worthy? I have him pegged as keep but would you keep him over the likes of Johansen, Hall, Drouin, Voracek, Trocheck or JVR?
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov