Thread: Rebuild Mode= What is my next move?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Rebuild Mode= What is my next move?

Hey guys. Super Deep Dynasty league.

6 man league but were actually having our own expansion draft along with the NHL so 2 other teams are drafting. The team below is what I am allowed to protect.

I've been in a rebuild the last 3 years and really transformed my D corps this last season so Defense isn't really my concern.

I'm looking to bolster my forward group and my goalies possibly. I also have the 1st overall pick, an EXTRA 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 10th round picks in our Draft so thinking I could parlay those into some kind of deal.

What do you guys think? See any holes or opportunities I can't see?

Any ideas for trades that can help me out?

Thanks boys!

F: Giroux, Stamkos, Pacioretty, Marchand, Matthews, Turris, Little, Skinner, Zuccarello, Trocheck, Parise, Ehlers, Landeskog
    D: D. Keith, Werenski, Ekblad, Morgan Rielly, M. Green, R. Ellis
    G: Bobrovsky, Rinne, Elliot

Minor Team:

F: Rantanen, N. Ritchie, Bjorkstrand, C. Keller, Ho-Sang, RNH, F. Vatrano, Buchnevich, Eriksson Ek, Svechnikov, Kamenev, Rick Nash
    D:
    Sergachev, Theodore, Pulock, Jake Bean, Severson, Erik Johnson, Brodie, M. Bowey
    G: C. Anderson, S. Varlamov, Thomas Greiss

-----------
    8 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%, GW%

The Great One

Default Re: Rebuild Mode= What is my next move?

Your question is a little too vague (to me) to provide any meaningful guidance, especially considering the size of your roster.

It also doesn't help that the details on your league are also vague (i.e., how many start)?

Also seems weird that a "rebuilding" team has 6 older goalies...?

Dobber Sports Titan

Best line would be to find the path that gets you out of the rebuilding phase the fastest.

Find takers for Pulock and Bean to upgrade your Fs a touch. Dump Parise, and Green. Barely even worth rostering in something this deep (Green maybe just for the TOI).

Get another good starter aged 32 or younger. Scott Darling or Cory Schneider might be less pricy targets.

You may be able to get something from Anderson or Rinne after their playoff runs. I may try and parlay Bob into someone a little more reliable too. Maybe a Crawford type.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I inherited the team in 2012 after our league drafted for me so I don't really get whats so "weird" about that but ok lol

Thanks a lot EskimoBro thats kinda the answer/insight I was looking for. Our draft is in July so yea was going to drop Nash, Green and Parise. Its tough though because the other 7 teams really emphasize youth. So those guys cant even warrant me picks. Bob is the only reliable goalie I have though. I was thinking of moving Rinne or Anderson definitely.

I like the minor team I've built. Has some pretty valuable prospects so that should help with the build.

Do you think I should sell Theodore for a forward? I'm just having some trouble constructing trades for goalies and F with so much emphasis on youth. I think I'm going to have shop Theodore or Pulock or Bean for an established forward or prospect?

Thanks for the advice again.

Dobber Sports Titan

In a 6 team league turnover would be very easy. Go for the guys like Carter, Kesler, Keith and the kinds that other teams get scared off of now that they're past 30. They will be a lot less expensive to acquire.
    Regarding Bob, remember how low he was the season before, and how often he's injured. He's anything but reliable. Good yes, but not reliable. That's why I say you trade him for the massive return you could get. There's so many goalies available in a 6 team league that you can easily make it up. You may be able to get Hank or Quick at a very discounted rate.

I think the weird comment was that there are no young goalies on a rebuilding team. There isn't anyone like Saros, Samsonov, Stolarz, etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quick owner I could possibly work out a deal. I just wouldnt know how to start. And Hank could be an option though his age and consistency is my worry; but the net is his for another 3-4 years definitely.

I missed out on my chance to pick up Saros, Murray, etc. unfortunately. Stolarz I might pick up. My concern in that regard was that Bob, Elliot, Rinne, Anderson were my top 4 goalies for the last 5 years and picking up a guy like Samsonov or Subban who are 3-4 years from playing doesnt help me now. But youre right I should be picking those guys up. Other than those 4 I didnt have much flexibility at the position so I picked up Varly and Greiss for some depth. Looking to trade these guys for picks and pick up some rookies.

Dobber Sports Titan

Varly is barely worth owning here. Drop Varly for Stolarz, infuse yourself with some youth, and hope that by protecting him Philly is tipping their hand for next season.