Thread: Rookie FA adds; what should I expect ROS?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Rookie FA adds; what should I expect ROS?

In my 1-year standard Yahoo H2H league, we can pick up and drop players as we wish. My current ''core' is pretty solid and I've gone from last (12th) to 4th-5th in the past few weeks/month in my climb to the top.

Aside from my ''core'', which I will list below, I have a few spots that I tend to rotate with the ''flavor of the day/week'' players that more often than not tend to be rookies.

I'm looking for some feedback on whether or not you think these rookies* or stretch-run players (see bold-stars/italics) can keep up their production and if they should be considered as keepers at the end of the year for me
    Note: I need 4 keepers and I've underlined the players that cannot be kept. Also, I keep 3 1-year keepers and the 4th keeper is kept for 3-years.

C- Gattis
    1B- Reynolds
    2B - Dozier
    3B- Arenado (current 3-year keeper)
    SS- C. Seager
    LF- Duvall
    CF- McCutchen
    RF- Thames
    U- Donaldson
    U- Dickerson

B- T. Mancini*, C. Taylor*, DJ LeMahieu, J. Upton, J. Bruce

SP- Strasburg
    SP- Kluber
    SP- A. Wood*
    RP- Kimbrel
    RP- Osuna
    P- E. Romero
    P- D. Price
    P- Faria*

DL- Glover, Familia, A. Sanchez

Thanks in advance for taking a stab at this folks
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Rookie FA adds; what should I expect ROS?

Of your hitters bolded I would say Duvall is the best choice here. Thames has really slowed down and I doubt we see that monstrous power from him long term. Dickerson has been great but don't think he's keeper level.

Faria could be a stud down the road but it's just too early to tell right now.

Keepers end of year I would have to say.....Duvall, Strasburg, Dozier and Price. Sanchez could be here as the 3 year choice but injuries worry me already. Plus is there TJS at some point?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Rookie FA adds; what should I expect ROS?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Of your hitters bolded I would say Duvall is the best choice here. Thames has really slowed down and I doubt we see that monstrous power from him long term. Dickerson has been great but don't think he's keeper level.

Faria could be a stud down the road but it's just too early to tell right now.

Keepers end of year I would have to say.....Duvall, Strasburg, Dozier and Price. Sanchez could be here as the 3 year choice but injuries worry me already. Plus is there TJS at some point?
    Duvall has been on my roster for the past 2 years. I picked him up early last year and although I didn't keep him, I made sure to redraft him this year. I'm strongly considering him as my 3-year guy ATM, but I still have a lot of time to see how my roster evolves from here on out.

Strasburg is another sure hit keeper (maybe even 3-year... but I hate to hold on to a SP for that long just in case of TJS).

Dozier is puzzling to me. He was my first round pick this year (I won last year so I had the last pick in the first round after all the keepers had been automatically removed) but he hasn't done much to warrant his draft position YET

Price is probably the most ''elite'' of my players but man oh man is he having a hard time finding his groove after coming off the DL... hopefully he turns things around in the 2nd half!

Dickerson has been on my roster (and off) for the past 3 seasons. I'm glad he finally began producing but I too am weary that it may not last... fingers crossed here.

Faria is my latest pickup (after he won his first game and before his 2nd W) and I've been amazed by his poise. I'll keep a close eye on his upcoming starts to see how real of a deal he truly is!

Thanks for the help HR, I'll REP as soon as I can!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay