Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumors] Galchenyuk going to Isles

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default [Rumors] Galchenyuk going to Isles

Some of the GM in my league have gotten rumors (don't know where yet) that a deal with the Isles including Galchenyuk was to be made on Thursday, with Beauvillier and Leddy being the return.

What are you thoughts about it?
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: [Rumors] Galchenyuk going to Isles

Could be some weight to it with the dman exodus that's happened in Montreal!

Dobber Sports Stud

The rumour was started by a caller on a radio show. He identified himsel as "Claude". Unless it was Julien calling on a slow day, I'd take it with a grain of salt. The whole salt shaker actually.

Dobber Sports Master

my isles sauce said it was based around Hamonic from the isles end .

isles love beauviller so that would be quite the ''add on'' if habs could pull that off

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The rumour was started by a caller on a radio show. He identified himsel as "Claude". Unless it was Julien calling on a slow day, I'd take it with a grain of salt. The whole salt shaker actually.
    This

+1
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think this rumor makes sense...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    I don't think this rumor makes sense...
    Agreed. Beauvillier is a hometown boy (OK Sorel is an hour away from MTL but it's still within Quebec) and Leddy is a good top-4 D, but Galchenyuk is worth a lot more IMO. You don't trade a player like him to fill in your current roster spots...

On the flip side, Beauvillier does have the talent to become a special player but why roll the dice with him when your odds are much better with Galchenyuk?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports All-Star

Not a chance IMO. Doesn't make sense.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if Leddy+Beauvillier was the best return they can get for Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk has some question marks (mostly due to the way Habs have treated him) and the team acquiring him cannot know if he can play center or not. Leddy is a really good D-man, only 26 years old, signed to a reasonable number for 5 more years, and D-men are worth a lot in the NHL. Beauvillier is also a very good young NHL player (20 years old) with two cheap ELC years left and a bright future ahead of him.

I have no idea if there's any truth to this rumor, I'm just saying that kind of price for Galchenyuk wouldn't surprise me.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if Leddy+Beauvillier was the best return they can get for Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk has some question marks (mostly due to the way Habs have treated him) and the team acquiring him cannot know if he can play center or not. Leddy is a really good D-man, only 26 years old, signed to a reasonable number for 5 more years, and D-men are worth a lot in the NHL. Beauvillier is also a very good young NHL player (20 years old) with two cheap ELC years left and a bright future ahead of him.

I have no idea if there's any truth to this rumor, I'm just saying that kind of price for Galchenyuk wouldn't surprise me.
    Taking my Habs blinders off, you're absolutely right, which is why trading Galchenyuk scares the crap out of me.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Agreed. Beauvillier is a hometown boy (OK Sorel is an hour away from MTL but it's still within Quebec) and Leddy is a good top-4 D, but Galchenyuk is worth a lot more IMO. You don't trade a player like him to fill in your current roster spots...

On the flip side, Beauvillier does have the talent to become a special player but why roll the dice with him when your odds are much better with Galchenyuk?
    Really? I thought this rumour made no sense from the Isles' perspective. Leddy is arguably their top D. I think he is a legitimate top pairing guy and he'd definitely be number 2 in Mtl. I'd be pretty damn happy with this type of return for a winger (that's right, I said it).

And I think Galchenyuk could be money on Tavares' wing. Just think it's an overpay for the Isles.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Taking my Habs blinders off, you're absolutely right, which is why trading Galchenyuk scares the crap out of me.
    Put them back on, you'll feel safer that way

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I actually don't think it's a bad return if that's the deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    Some of the GM in my league have gotten rumors (don't know where yet) that a deal with the Isles including Galchenyuk was to be made on Thursday, with Beauvillier and Leddy being the return.

What are you thoughts about it?
    Why in the world would NYI pay that for Galch?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Why in the world would NYI pay that for Galch?

Maybe that's what Tavares wants? It is intriguing offensively, but I agree it is not in the best interest of the isles