Thread: Keller vs. other prospects?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keller vs. other prospects?

I had started an earlier thread involving trading down in picks, bypassing Patrick and Hischier and taking Clayton Keller at #3. In all the responses I recieved in that thread, everyone was extremely high on Keller.

I was just wondering how some of the other notable prospects stack up against Keller. Guys like Dylan Strome, Jacob Chychrun, Tyler Jost, Alexander Nylander, Joel Eriksson Ek, Pierre-Luc Dubois, etc.

How would you rank them, and who will have some or any impact in the NHL next year?
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Keller vs. other prospects?

Keller
    Strome
    Dubois
    Eriksson Ek
    A.Nylander
    Jost
    Chychrun

That would be my ranking.

I think Nylander might need one more year of development before he's ready for the NHL. It's always possible Dubois gets sent back to junior and Strome/Jost/Eriksson Ek get some AHL time but I think it's more likely they play the season in the NHL - maybe like 60-80% likely of that happening for each of them.

If Strome plays in the NHL, I would expect him to put up points - they would probably send him down if he wasn't. Others may score something like 40 points if they play full season which is good from a rookie but not always fantasy-worthy in some leagues. Keller is the best bet for instant production (~50 points would be my guess).

Chychrun is definitely playing in the NHL but I don't see big points coming from him, so expect similar results as you saw from him in his rookie season. ~25 points would be a really good season for him IMO.

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with J-K's list but I'd flip DStrome and Keller. I still think Strome is one of the best prospects out there, a hair above Keller.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Keller
    Jost
    Strome
    Eriksson Ek
    Dubois
    Chychrun
    Nylander

This is the way I would rank them with a weighting on who will help the most in this upcoming season. I think Jost will be the best player of this bunch this year and likely over the next decade but Keller should put up more points.