Thread: analysis paralysis

Dobber Sports Novice

Default analysis paralysis

I own the 6th pick in our draft and we are 1 year late. So it's the year of Matthews, Laine and all the leftover that were not selected the year before. I got alot of option and I'm getting a case of analysis paralysis. The players that are in italic and underlined will be add to my lineup for this year, if I draft them, and will be able to contribute. All the other have to play 35 games in the NHL before they are add to the simulator and they will be on my lineup in 2018-19.
    My team is really young, and I'm not competing for the cup anytime soon.

My young forward core is composed of: McDavid, MacKinnon, Toffoli, Rantanen and Ehlers
    My D-men core is composed of: Barrie, Provorov and Nurse

So how would you rank the players below in term of opportunities, ice time they should get and pointst? Thanks

Forwards:
    Dvorak
    Point
    Tkachuk
    C. Brown

Keller
    Jost
    Puljujarvi
    Dubois

D-men:
    Lindell
    Skjei
    Carlo
    Chychrun

Mcavoy
    Juolevi
    Sergachev

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: analysis paralysis

Lots going on in your post.
    1) Do you own all of the names from the lists provided or just the ones underlined? I'm thinking just the underlined ones and assume you are interested, at the 6th pick, in the others. If so, it is probably more efficient to rank those players you don't yet own. My opinion anyways.
    2) Is this a points only league or a multicat league? It matters. I might take Dubois over Jost or Keller if PIM and Hits count.
    3) how many guys are on your roster, and how many count? If you only count three dmen, for example, then I'd be less interested in any of the available defenders.

Just need a little more info before making any calls on what I think you should do.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

I have edited my original post to clear up the confusion. Sorry English is not my first language.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Lots going on in your post.
    1) Do you own all of the names from the lists provided or just the ones underlined? I'm thinking just the underlined ones and assume you are interested, at the 6th pick, in the others. If so, it is probably more efficient to rank those players you don't yet own. My opinion anyways.
    I do not own any player on the list I have provide, those are all options I am considering.

2) Is this a points only league or a multicat league? It matters. I might take Dubois over Jost or Keller if PIM and Hits count.
    It is a simulation game, so almost everything ''count'' so PIM count but it is not a good thing since it will give more PP time to the other team playing against me.

3) how many guys are on your roster, and how many count? If you only count three dmen, for example, then I'd be less interested in any of the available defenders.
    A complete team, 12 forwards, 6 d-men and 2 goalies and with spare players at all position in case of injuries

Just need a little more info before making any calls on what I think you should do.
    thanks for your time

The Great One

From my perspective, there are not a lot of people in here that do simulation leagues.

Forwards, I like Tkachuk, Point, Dvorak and Brown. That said, your team is young....so I would draft Keller (and wait a year) ahead of everyone - except maybe Tkachuk. Tkachuk will count in a ton of categories.

Defense, I like them all. Probably Carlo (opportunity, long-term), Chychrun, Skjei and Lindell. The top 3 are really close, I don't see Lindell as having the same upside as the other three. I like McAvoy and Sergachev, for example, better than Lindell. Again, I'd wait a year before considering Lindell.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with Keller and Tkachuk being the top two options.

On D Chychrun, McAvoy and Skjei would be my top 3.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

As far as forwards go, I like Tkachuk, Puljujarvi, Keller and Dubois the most.

Dmen: Sergachev and McAvoy.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy