Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumor] Oilers about to finalize a big trade

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: [Rumor] Oilers about to finalize a big trade

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    well, I guess that is a matter of opinion. I mean, Tavares had his worse season since his rookie year, playing with Bailey and Lee. I don't think they are good enough. Maybe Eberle isn't either, but he has put up huge numbers in the past, so there is possibly reason to believe he might be able to do that again if he plays with someone like Tavares full time.
    Since the coaching change, Tavares had 34 points in 35 games. I'm not so sure that's all that bad. That's top-20 in the league, and point-per-game is pretty much his ceiling anyways.

And has he really had better wingers during his career anyways? Besides those two, Okposo is probably the best winger he's had, and they decided they didn't need him anymore. I wouldn't really blame the wingers for his down year.

The Great One

Sure, you can't necessarily blame the wingers for Tavares' down year. I'm only pointing out that if the Islanders want to show Tavares that they are committed to building a contending team, and get him some offensive support, in the hopes of signing him long-term, then one might argue that Eberle has potential to show them that they are trying. I mean, I don't think he is the answer, but if they must deal Hamonic, getting Eberle (who has scored 60+ pts three times in his career) is an upgrade over Bailey and Lee (who neither have ever scored over 60).

Anyway, I can't pretend to know the real value of players in the NHL. When Hall is traded for Larsson and Drouin is traded for Sergachev and Subban is traded for Weber, it is clear that player value is all over the place and largely dependent on other factors that we aren't necessarily aware of (such as age, off-ice issues, team needs, who else is on the market, contract demands, and this year especially the Expansion Draft).

As for Eberle and a 1st for Hamonic, as an Oiler fan I'd definitely do that. I don't doubt that Hamonic is the superior player, and it is maybe wishful thinking that we can get him for Eberle, but the speculation is out there and it makes some sense given the odd circumstances.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

I can see it being RNH for Galchenyuk TBH... give Drais the #2C job and add another skilled winger - then move Eberle for a Dman too.

RNH is the perfect fit for MTL -Small
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I can see it being RNH for Galchenyuk TBH... give Drais the #2C job and add another skilled winger - then move Eberle for a Dman too.

RNH is the perfect fit for MTL -Small
    This was another rumor I had read coming out of Edmonton within the past 24 hours as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This was another rumor I had read coming out of Edmonton within the past 24 hours as well.
    I saw it this morning as well... I tossed it out as a random flier early this week or last week on here somewhere.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

RNH is a likely candidate to be moved out I would think, surprised not hearing his name much. $6 mil for a 3rd line C isn't feasible, and he should be better suited in a 2nd line C on a different team now that McDavid & Draisaitl are likely 1/2.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

If RNH is the one moved out, then that tells you that the organization is ready to move on with McDavid and Draisaitl as their 1-2 down the middle. I think this is the smart thing to do but thats simply my opinion. If the Oilers don't move out RNH this summer then that tells you they still plan on using Draisaitl on McDavid's wing going forward.

Personally I think their strongest asset to move is RNH as he will garner the larger return. I am just not sure they are ready to move away from him just yet. Their greatest need is scoring from the RW.

It's going to be an interesting summer for Chiarelli and the Oilers. They have some big moves to make and some holes to fill.

- - - Updated - - -

If RNH is the one moved out, then that tells you that the organization is ready to move on with McDavid and Draisaitl as their 1-2 down the middle. I think this is the smart thing to do but thats simply my opinion. If the Oilers don't move out RNH this summer then that tells you they still plan on using Draisaitl on McDavid's wing going forward.

Personally I think their strongest asset to move is RNH as he will garner the larger return. I am just not sure they are ready to move away from him just yet. Their greatest need is scoring from the RW.

It's going to be an interesting summer for Chiarelli and the Oilers. They have some big moves to make and some holes to fill.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

any chance Beaulieu and Eberle get swapped? (for eachother basically)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    any chance Beaulieu and Eberle get swapped? (for eachother basically)
    That seems more fair as a 1 for 1 than Hamonic

Dobber Sports Ace

Axe, why do you think that would be best? By all accounts I've read, nuge has developed into a much more responsible well rounded player. Wouldn't the oilers be set with say a top 6 featuring:
    Mcdavid, Leon, lucic, eberle, Jesse, rnh?

I'm just curious as i don't follow edm much so maybe there is more to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by roenick27; June 16, 2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Auto "non" correct

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Axe, why do you think that would be best? By all accounts I've read, nuge has developed into a much more responsible well rounded player. Wouldn't the oilers be set with say a top 6 featuring:
    Mcdavid, Leon, lucic, eberle, Jesse, rnh?

I'm just curious as i don't follow edm much so maybe there is more to it?
    They are going to move out one of the $6M men; either Eberle or RNH so they can pay Draisaitl and McDavid. Right now, Eberle's value is low so the return won't be as strong as it should/could be at this time. They simply can't afford to keep both RNH and Eberle and stay under the cap.

I do agree that RNH has developed into a good 2-way center for them but I also prefer Draisaitl as the 2C over RNH. Paying a 3C $6M isn't prudent spending. Not to mention, other team will covet (and pay more for) the young center who's already locked up long-term.

To me it's just smart asset and cap management. They need Eberle more than they need RNH right now (due to depth on the right side) and they still have solid options for 3C in their organization going forward.

I wont be one bit surprised if BOTH RNH and Eberle are moved this summer. I am not saying I expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went this way.

The Great One

Personally I really don't want them to move RNH because I love the insurance he gives them in the event of an injury. Having three centers who can play top 6 minutes is a huge advantage.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Personally I really don't want them to move RNH because I love the insurance he gives them in the event of an injury. Having three centers who can play top 6 minutes is a huge advantage.
    Lets be honest if Mcdavid or Drai get injured this team would definitely have some struggles. I agree though depth is vital
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Roster freeze takes effect today at 3:00. Protection rosters handed in by 5:00.