Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McDavid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: McDavid

so happy the former McDavid owner in my league is a big Lightning homer as I got McDavid for Seguin/Vasilevskiy/Wennberg I'd personally find it hard to pass on Drai/Scheifele but in the end I would, so with you being the McDavid owner like couple others stated that 3rd piece needs to get upgraded if they want the top fantasy player who happens to only be 20 years old
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am honestly shocked how nobody is biting on this, Connor alone cannot outpoint the both of them and they are all young pieces that will put up peak scoring years for years to come.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

The Great One

But what's the difference... 40-50 points? Generally that's attainable on waivers or lesser deals...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I always agree with your logic you're one of the fairest on this forum no doubt, I just think 100 every year is a stretch in today's NHL for anyone and for me the gap at potentially 60 if McDavid only puts up 90 for example makes it worth it for me. Anyone he is dropping worth it for either of the two. Mark and Leon the floor for both IMO is 140 points making the floor difference between them and McDavid hypothetically 50 if 90 is average point output for Connor taking on those two for me could be worth it because that gap is essentially guaranteed while everyone in their youth. It is hard to part with McDavid, I owned him in redraft this year it was amazing but I have biz mind, I see two elite assets for one I am taking the two.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Trocheck,Kempe

The Great One

I'm not saying I disagree with you - think my original post implies that - issue will always be a 'win this trade at all costs'.

Funnily ly enough I was speaking to Lemmy about this on our league chat - I don't mind guys 'losing' trades if their teams are better. Issue is the hyperbole that then surrounds that deal and the subsequent fall out and that is the case with McDavid deals - if you gauge a deal by who gets the best player then you will always lose but if you are short on depth and can land two or three really good pieces and win it all then It works. I think this deal isn't far off but I'd also say if you set the bar at this you can probably get a couple of other GMs bidding which gives you scope to squeeze a touch more (don't get me started on guys who move studs and half the league are shocked when that happens - always create a sellers market but I digress)

Dobber Sports Superstar

agreed. Also another point I did not write yesterday regarding this deal specifically is the fact that one of the guys coming back is Leon. So when he plays the McDavid owner he now has a counter point to Connor to potentially wash out Connor's points scored if they continue to play together. He gets a goal Leon gets the assist type deal and vice versa. He deals Connor but still has exposure to Connor in the return package, this for me would def be a selling point for the deal. If he can get more by all means then it just becomes who he is dropping to make room for all.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Superstar

agreed. Also another point I did not write yesterday regarding this deal specifically is the fact that one of the guys coming back is Leon. So when he plays the McDavid owner he now has a counter point to Connor to potentially wash out Connor's points scored if they continue to play together. He gets a goal Leon gets the assist type deal and vice versa. He deals Connor but still has exposure to Connor in the return package, this for me would def be a selling point for the deal. If he can get more by all means then it just becomes who he is dropping to make room for all.

Also I can tell I was a tad drunk last night with that intro into my post haha.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

The Great One

Not sure I'd bank on that as there is a lot of talk that Edmonton makes some moves so that Draisatl starts the season as 2C... that does worry me a little as the points away from McDavid haven't been as free flowing

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

A guy in my league was asking for Crosby + Burns + 1st + 2nd, for McDavid... I obviously couldn't accept that, but thats the extent to which McDavid is valued...

PS- the McD owner is a real McAsshole and doesn't know what "value" means.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer