Thread: Who would you take?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who would you take?

Not for league in signature.

I have the first overall pick in our free agent draft. Guentzel is most likely the top player available, at least the player with the most hype after the incredible playoffs he had.

Where I am at, I am considering taking a dman, in which case I would try and trade down a spot or two, and try to recoup a pick or a good prospect in return. Skjei is available, as is Slavin who are to I would like to target in the 2-4 slots. A gym in my league said he would take guentzel at one or two if he were in those spots. I am a little concerned about skjei if NYR brings in a guy like shatty, which would cut pp time out. Slavic seemed to produce nicely w/o any substantial pp time. Who would you go with, Skjei or Slavin?

It's a pts only league, so producing players who get pp time are key. Should I just take guentzel at one, or try to deal to acquire additional pieces and shore up a weakness which is my defence.
    12 Team Daily Lineup, H2H
    50 Player - 4L, 4C, 4R, 6D, 2G Min/Max Nighly

Team

LW: TBD
    C: TBD
    RW: TBD
    D: TBD
    G: TBD
    Farm(<150 GP):

Picks :

TBD

The Great One

Default Re: Who would you take?

If you took Guentzel you could flip him for a better D man....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Guentzel. He is going to produce, get PP time and be highly coveted by other GMs in your league. As Sulla said, you could always flip him for a more talented and experienced Dman than Skjei or Slavin. Shoot for the moon if you are looking to upgrade though because Guentzel's perceived value may never be higher.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Take Keller or Guentzel and trade for a D

Dobber Sports Deity

Without knowing exactly who is available to be picked other than the names mentioned, or what your roster looks like (your teams needs/deficiencies), I would take Guentzel.

I also wouldn't worry about Skjei and Shattenkirk and the Rangers because that's all "what if's" at this point.

Guentzel is the right choice from what we know from your OP.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I've been saying to tread lightly on Guentzel as much as possible on these forums, but even I can acknowledge that he's the clear pick in this instance
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

I take Guentzel unless, as someone else mentioned, Keller is available. Then that's my choice.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4