Thread: Offered Price

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Offered Price

Not for league settings in signature, pts only, goalies score 2 for win, 1 for ot/sho loss, one extra point for shutout.

Was offered Price, Granlund, and Teuvo for Dubnyk and Ehlers(I have the other to top guns in the 'peg also).

This seems like a an easy accept, except for the fact that it's a cap league. I'd be taking on 3.3 mil in cap with Granlunds contract yet to get signed. Just the cap implications alone this year, let alone what price gets extended for after next year scares me. I have little cap room to spare right now.

Can/should I walk from this or, am I just being crazy?
    12 Team Daily Lineup, H2H
    50 Player - 4L, 4C, 4R, 6D, 2G Min/Max Nighly

Team

LW: TBD
    C: TBD
    RW: TBD
    D: TBD
    G: TBD
    Farm(<150 GP):

Picks :

TBD

The Great One

Default Re: Offered Price

If you have no cap room then it is a reluctant pass... Unless you have some contracts you can dump to create the space
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

This is the extra little something something that makes cap leagues so exciting. A great deal for you...if you can afford it. If you can't then you have to pass. Are there no other contracts on your team that you can dump in order to make room?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Wolverine

I wonder if this is really an easy accept? Cap issues aside (don't play in those leagues so can't comment), I feel like the key may actually be Ehlers, not the goaltending. Plus, as asked, you would (may?) have to drop someone to make it happen.

It may also depend on the rest of your team, number of keepers, etc.

In a vacuum, with those points scored, is Price really that much better than Dubnyk? I'm not sure about that.

Last year in your settings:

Price 82 points in 62 starts (1.32 points per start)
    Dubnyk 90 points in 63 starts (1.43* points per start) *not counting the two games he entered not starting

Cap issues aside, I'm tempted to reject.