Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drouin for Pasternak

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Drouin for Pasternak

OK I pulled the trigger on this :

I got Pasternak. Sergachev for Drouin, Montour a 2nd round pick in 2019

What do you guys think now ? I feel OK about it
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Initiate

What do you guys think now ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

The Great One

I preferred the straight deal. I'm not sold on Sergachev's opportunity next year v Montours so probably evens it out

alos in Axe's defence he has banged the Drouin drum a lot... but haven't we all over certain players? And that's what this forum is about... how each of us perceive each and every player and it's important to recognise that and not admonish someone for it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would keep Drouin since he is one of my 5 favorite player in the league and because I am a Habs fan
    But I can understand why you like that deal.

Drouin will get 60 next season ( 53 last season) and there is more chance PAstrnak regress a little bit ( +/-65 pts ) than he goes to like 77-78pts ... so, for me, they might be the same players for years to come...

just go with the player you like to follow the most and it will be a good choice anyway.

Edit : didnt see you made the deal... its ok i guess
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nothing to think about get it done before the other guy changes his mind. Pasta is sniper who will be putting up even higher numbers.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like both kids long term.

Personally I'd keep Drouin as I think the best is still yet to come.
    Axeman and I are on the same page. Drouin was a wizard in Halifax (where I presume Axeman watched him even more than I did), and he hasn't hit his stride yet.
    That being said, if the other GM is a Habs fans, I'd be asking for more than just Patrnak. Squeeze him for a real overpayment. You may be surprised at what he offers.

Edit: I also missed the post where you made the deal. Not bad, but I preferred the straight up deal. Like I said, you could have squeezed him for more, not less.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Seems like a pretty even deal to me. I think Drouin has a slightly higher upside but his style of play might leave him vulnerable to some injuries.
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). (Potential keepers in Bold)

Fwd: S.Crosby, N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, J.Tavares, C.Giroux, E.Lindholm, C.Keller, D.Larkin , A.Radulov, S.Reinhart, J.Puljujarvi,K.Yamamoto

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien, S.Theodore, M.Heiskanen,C.Mcavoy,

Goalies: T.RaskC.Talbot

Runner-Up 2016-17
    Winner 2015-16
    Winner 2014-15
    Winner 2013-14
    Runner-Up 2012-13
    Winner 2011-12

Dobber Sports Padawan

I really think Pasta is a sell high, not sure he will be repeating what happened last year next year as I don't think Marchand will repeat as well.. I expect a 7-10 points loss for both, but an increase for Bergy and other top 6 members
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    I really think Pasta is a sell high, not sure he will be repeating what happened last year next year as I don't think Marchand will repeat as well.. I expect a 7-10 points loss for both, but an increase for Bergy and other top 6 members
    I wanted to bump this because I just landed Pastrnak and want to keep him long term. I have only seen highlights, but he looks like a player that has that extra edge to his game. I love it actually. Has anyone watched him on a nightly basis and can chime in on whether 70 pts is a flash in pan or if this kid is that good/legit. I agree that both of these guys at just 21/22 years old are amazing talents... I just happen to be loading up on carbs for the new season (that was pathetic, but couldn't help myself).
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pasta by a landslide for me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post

What do you guys think now ? I feel OK about it
    The added bits really levelled the trade out compared to the one-for-one swap originally mentioned, but I still think you win as you got the best player in the deal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by randomscrub23 View Post
    The added bits really levelled the trade out compared to the one-for-one swap originally mentioned, but I still think you win as you got the best player in the deal.
    I agree with this. Extra pieces evened things out, but I still think you got the best player in the deal.

Dobber Sports Monster

i give drouin the edge here. especially in pts league