Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Hamonic could be traded before the Expansion Draft

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default [Rumor] Hamonic could be traded before the Expansion Draft

This is from Fantrax, so I thought I'd share it here as well. It makes sense since the Islanders can't protect all their D-men.

Hamonic could be traded before the Expansion Draft, Brian Erni of SNY.TV reports.

Analysis: In a perfect world the Islanders would prefer to hold onto Travis Hamonic and Calvin de Haan but one is likely to be selected by Las Vegas if they aren't traded. With a team friendly contract that runs through the 2019-20 season it would seem that Hamonic would bring back more in a trade than de Haan would. Hamonic has also let it be known in the past that he would prefer to play closer to his family in western Canada. Hamonic could bring the Islanders back the top six forward they have been looking for during the past couple of seasons to play with John Tavares.
    And this doesn't even take into consideration that they're also exposing Ryan Pulock, so the Islanders have some decisions to make. Lucky for them, their D-men are young so they could find trade partners more easily.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [Rumor] Hamonic could be traded before the Expansion Draft

With Dreger reporting this morning that NYI & Col are the forerunners for top of the list for Eberle, maybe something involving Eberle and Hamonic gets done.

The Great One

Isnt De Haan a free agent meaning he doesn't need to be protected? I know it means VGK can claim him, but also have discussions with him before the draft of I'm reading it correctly, so if he says 'select me but I won't report' do they just avoid the head ache?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Isnt De Haan a free agent meaning he doesn't need to be protected? I know it means VGK can claim him, but also have discussions with him before the draft of I'm reading it correctly, so if he says 'select me but I won't report' do they just avoid the head ache?
    he's RFA , not UFA so Vegas can select him and he'd have to report .

there some type of limited negotiating period vegas has to discuss new contract with exposed rfa's / ufa's.

mcphee was working for isles before the vegas job so theres a good relationship there with snow .I could see snow and mcphee making a side deal that keeps certain players off limits in exchange for an asset that george grew to like when he was with isles (someone like devon toews comes to mind)

The Great One

He wouldn't have to report without a contract so to correct my post would be that he refuses to sign a contract but I do agree I think a lot of side deals get done leading up to the draft
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Interesting. Its going to be an exciting weekend!

Dobber Sports Guru

I hope Edmonton and NYI get something done for Eberle. I think Eberle needs a change of scenery, and the fit makes good sense.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Not to derail this Hamonic rumor thread, but one of the rumors coming out of Edmonton is that they were looking at something like Eberle for RStrome and De haan. Again, just a rumor at this stage but that is what I read. Note: this trade would happen after the expansion draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Everyone in and around the Oilers is fairly convinced Eberle is getting traded. A key pointed out by Ryan Rishaug on TSN radio this morning is that the Oilers already have 3 Dmen they want to protect: Sekera (NMC), Klefbom, Larsson and they have a team set up well to go the 7-3-1 protection route.

So, if the Oilers are trading Eberle for another protected forward the deal can happen at anytime. However, if the Oilers are trading for a Dman (Eberle + for Hamonic?) then the Oilers are going to want to delay that deal until after the expansion draft. If the Oilers do pick-up Hamonic they'd become a 4-4-1 team and have to expose Kassian and Letesteu, not the end of the world but less ideal from their perspective.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    He wouldn't have to report without a contract so to correct my post would be that he refuses to sign a contract but I do agree I think a lot of side deals get done leading up to the draft
    why wouldnt de haan become vegas property if chosen in expansion draft ; he doesnt have a no move clause?

I get that he doesnt have to sign with them but he'd still be vegas property

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Snow apparently turned down Hall for Hamonic, why would he trade him for Eberle now?

Not saying he'd need a Hall type return but Eberle's value is near crap right now, he's not getting you Hamonic unless the piece added to Eberle is better than him.

If there is an isles trade I could see one around Eberle/Strome, with some cap going back (Halak?).

Dobber Sports Jedi

just send Hamonic to Toronto already for JVR.

JVR's a Jersey boy, so this would be pretty close to home
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    just send Hamonic to Toronto already for JVR.

JVR's a Jersey boy, so this would be pretty close to home
    I fear this is merely a wish from my fellow Leaf fan. But Damn that would be a nice little move IMO. But would that mess up the Leaf's protection strategy from 7/3/1 to 4/4/1 like the oilers discussion with lawman above? Or would Carrick be exposed?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I fear this is merely a wish from my fellow Leaf fan. But Damn that would be a nice little move IMO. But would that mess up the Leaf's protection strategy from 7/3/1 to 4/4/1 like the oilers discussion with lawman above? Or would Carrick be exposed?
    Might as well make Tavares in as part of the deal... so we don't have to hear those rumours for the next year!

This is great though all the talk, its like there is a 2nd trade deadline this year!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Might as well make Tavares in as part of the deal... so we don't have to hear those rumours for the next year!

This is great though all the talk, its like there is a 2nd trade deadline this year!
    Here's hoping the NHL expands to 32 teams by 2019! Interesting times for sure.