Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rask vs Allen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rask vs Allen

Who you choose between those two?
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

The Great One

Default Re: Rask vs Allen

Personally I go Allen - Rask has the pedigree but Allen bounced back strong, is younger, and IMO has a better D in front of him
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have this exact situation have to decide between the 2. Leaning slightly towards Allen as well. Can anyone make a case for Rask here? I have to submit my keepers this week so need to decide soon.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by riji24 View Post
    I have this exact situation have to decide between the 2. Leaning slightly towards Allen as well. Can anyone make a case for Rask here? I have to submit my keepers this week so need to decide soon.
    The last 8 years production is the case to keep Rask. A second point - He hasn't had an extended period of play where he looked like he didn't belong in the ECHL.

Bos is in more of a roster transition period than St.L is... which is a knock against keeping him. I do like Allen here...but it's close, Rask will remain steadfast for the next 3yrs.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good points, thanks.

Allen has the higher risk/reward and i think its worth a shot. (Hopefully he can avoid the extended bad stretches)
    And being in a keeper format, since Allen is younger i think this is the way to go.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rask is the safer better short term IMO. Allen is a risk. He has been inconsistent but could be a risk with taking with his age and the defense they have in St. Louie. I would go with Allen.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I actually thought Rask was about 4 years older than he is and was leaning more towards Allen, but Rask is still my choice.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Rask for me. As others have said, more proven and a bit more reliable than Allen in my view.

Also, in this case, keeping in mind the divisions in which they play tips the scales a bit further in Rask's favor for me too.

In no certain order: DAL, CHI, MIN, NSH, WPG... that's a lot of offensive firepower Allen has to face 4 or 5 times each per season. Not saying that I would bet my life on it staying the same from year-to-year, but the Atlantic doesn't seem nearly as daunting by comparison.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That is a good point dejeanneret

I'm really wavering over this decision, seems about a 60/40 siding with Allen now from my research and posts.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Somewhere.... I read that Boston has an amazing schedule for fantasy playoff schedule.

this would be a good reason to keep Rask over Allen.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Somewhere.... I read that Boston has an amazing schedule for fantasy playoff schedule.

this would be a good reason to keep Rask over Allen.
    Check the same night tool... during the last 6 weeks of regular season, Rask has only 2 B2Bs and if BOS has any shot of a playoff birth, they'll be riding him hard when you need him most. This is is obviously more for H2H. Plus, McAvoy is coming along and team is retooling nicely without full out rebuild. Allen's mental breakdown last season has me very apprehensive.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

A friend of Allen's advised me his wife had their first baby during the time he the lapse in net first occurred. Not to read too much into it but perhaps the sleepless nights in the house when he was home, whatever goes along with a newborn etc may have contributed to the breakdown in net.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I thought there was some sort of (very unscientific) look at how players did shortly after having kids and it was all over the map in terms of being both good and bad for the players. It might have been only goalies but I cannot remember now.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Also Allen's strong finish to the season and good playoffs (I think, i haven't looked at the playoff stats). Leads me to want to maybe take a chance on Allen. At the end of the day someone said it best, Rask probably has the edge short term and Allen long term. I'm in a position to win now in my league so maybe leaning slightly towards Rask. Definitely a good discussion here guys thanks for all the feedback.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think it's close but id go with Rask. Allen is definitely stating a cose to being a top goalie in the league. needs more consistency for me to funny believe