Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumour] Galchenyuk for Drouin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Galchenyuk for Drouin

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Based on?
    Statistics and my eye test give me that impression.

Sure Drouin has had off-ice issues and trouble cracking Tampa's lineup which has likely held him back, but essentially his second full season in the NHL and he put up 0.73 points per game at a reasonable, possibly low, S% and a low on ice S% to boot. Galchenyuk only got there this year in his 4.5 season (with an elevated S% at that, and a fair to high on ice S%).

Furthermore:
    - Galchenyuk has been sheltered the past two seasons, starting in the offensive zone 65%+ of the time vs 58% for Drouin.
    - Although it's a first since his rookie year, Galchenyuk saw a negative relative Corsi and Fenwick this season, whereas Drouin was +.
    - Galchenyuk so far has peaked at 16:26 TOI 2 years ago, and dropped to 15:56 this season. Drouin was at 17:42 this year.

There has been more growth for Drouin in less time indicating he is on a better trajectory than Galchenyuk. Combine the stats with what I've seen of both players, and I feel relatively confident that Drouin is and will continue to be the better player of the two moving forward. Maybe a 1st is too much for Montreal to add, but I still feel they would have to add to any deal involving the two.

The Great One

Default Re: [Rumour] Galchenyuk for Drouin

McGuire did say mtl was in deep on talks to move gally and a first and that the deal would be in his words "brutal". I coukd actually see it Bergevin getting desperate and the french connection is freals...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Question tho, wouldn't this trade benefit both players. Drouin wants to be a star and he won't be a bigger star than in a French community; if he can take the pressure and galley needs top flight players and an opportunity to play on one line and see what he's made of.

Dobber Sports Jedi

so if they move Chucky for a winger.. does this mean they're more interested in moving Sergachev for Duchene?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4