Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I have picks 3-6-8 in this year's draft. Help me craft a strategy

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: I have picks 3-6-8 in this year's draft. Help me craft a strategy

I'd target some of the better upside players from the last few drafts just as mania about this group of prospects really peaks. Guys like D Strome, Connor, Boeser, etc etc...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I'd target some of the better upside players from the last few drafts just as mania about this group of prospects really peaks. Guys like D Strome, Connor, Boeser, etc etc...
    I love that idea. I'll definitely look into that as the draft nears!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I like it too but knowing my league Makar won't make it to 6th. The guy picking ahead of me at 5 has a huge hard on for Dmen. Knowing that, would you grab Makar at 3 and then settle for a guy like Glass or Petterson at 6 or is Middlestadt a guy that is worth "losing Makar" over? I guess my biggest question is really, if you could only have one of Makar or Middlestadt, which would you choose?

And yes, I know this is all hypothetical for now since we don't know where these guys get drafted. If Makar goes to a team like Arizona, for example, he loses a lot of value in my eyes compared to him going somewhere like Colorado.
    I prefer Mittlestadt to Pettersson, but lots of people have it the other way around. You could do that for sure, like I said there are a few other dmen that could turn out to be the best of this draft. Again any of them could slip with this draft and it is tough to judge until the draft happens.
    My rank would go - Mittel, Makar, Pettersson. If you could get all three that be killer
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Makar at 3. Mittelstadt could slip to you at 6. Maybe you can trade your 6th and 8th for the guy picking 4th and take one of his other late round picks in the package. I also like Brannstrom if you don't get Makar

Dobber Sports Icon

I would be taking Makar at #3 and then take the two top forwards you like with your next two picks. Makar has the highest upside of anyone in this year's draft.

Dobber Sports Stud

I ended up taking Makar at 3, Glass at 6 and Petterson at 8. Pretty pleased with my draft, would have liked to get Middelstadt but he went 4th.

Dobber Sports Sage

I ended up taking Makar at 3, Glass at 6 and Petterson at 8. Pretty pleased with my draft, would have liked to get Middelstadt but he went 4th.
    That's a great haul. Congrats, Serge!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Great job. When did Yamamoto go?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Please post the results of your draft here: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...t-results-here

It's helpful for others to see where their favorite prospect went.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was hoping to bump this conversation, as I have a similar situation picking #3 and #6 (traded #12 and a 1st next year in a deal for Pietrangelo). With the team in my signature (points-only), what would you look for? I am also fairly certain that Makar and Glass would both be gone by #5 at the latest, so please factor that into your answer. Thanks!
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    I was hoping to bump this conversation, as I have a similar situation picking #3 and #6 (traded #12 and a 1st next year in a deal for Pietrangelo). With the team in my signature (points-only), what would you look for? I am also fairly certain that Makar and Glass would both be gone by #5 at the latest, so please factor that into your answer. Thanks!
    My list would be something like :

1- Hischier
    2- Patrick
    3- Makar
    4- Mittelstadt
    5- Glass
    6- Pettersson

So at 3, take the player who's left between Hischier, Patrick and Makar and at 6, take whoever's left from this list (although some might put Tippett instead of Pettersson, it's close IMO).

Unless you really want to swing hard and go for Yamamoto at 6, but at 6, it seems early to swing for the fences...
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    Great job. When did Yamamoto go?
    Very curious as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Please post the results of your draft here: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...t-results-here

It's helpful for others to see where their favorite prospect went.
    +1
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Yamamoto went 13th. I tried to make a play for that pick when I saw he was still available but unfortunately couldn't make the deal happen.

The full draft was posted in the above-mentioned thread. Have a look!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Giant

Yamamoto went 13th. I tried to make a play for that pick when I saw he was still available but unfortunately couldn't make the deal happen.

The full draft was posted in the above-mentioned thread. Have a look!
    Thanks for the info. My bad on the draft posting; the worst part is that I went through that thread right before posting my comment; guess I must have skipped it since it's on p.3 of 4.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay