Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sorry Trump, No Curry for you.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sorry Trump, No Curry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    As a Canadian, I don't know if the perception is different in the U.S. but I would be OK meeting the PM at the Parliament after winning the Cup for a quick photo op.

I get that it's a weird tradition, but if it wasn't that, I'm sure they would have something else to be able to mix professional sports and politics; even if just for a day
    I'd rather use that 1.5/2 days towards R&R if I'm a player coming off a long season / short offseason to chill

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm glad the Cubs made sure to visit the White House before Trump's inauguration.

By default, I feel if someone is invited to the White House to meet the president you go regardless of your political leanings. However, this president is unlike anything we've ever seen before. I would applaud Golden State for not going.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    By default, I feel if someone is invited to the White House to meet the president you go regardless of your political leanings. However, this president is unlike anything we've ever seen before. I would applaud Golden State for not going.
    I agree completely. I would not support a team deciding not to visit the White House because of a President's political party, race, gender, etc. But I think in this case they are just doing it to make a point that they think he is an ******* and unfit to be President. Fair enough.