Thread: Kaprizov and Sorokin?....do they comes in nhl in 2018-2019??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question Kaprizov and Sorokin?....do they comes in nhl in 2018-2019??

hi i would love to get Kirill Kaprizov and Ilya Sorokin(G) in de lastest rounds for the futur....what do you think about that?
    Keeper dynasty cap hit (same as NHL)
    16 teams 4 divisions, 2 conference. G=1 A=1, PTS only

19 skaters min. 12 foward, 6 defence and 1 goalie...max 25 skaters, 3 foward spares, 2 def spares and 1 goalie spare.....19 best pts count

Players lock in 2017-2018 and the year remeaning in my team
    fowards:

-P.Kane 2
    -Eichel 1
    -Matthews 2
    -Aho 2

Defences:
    -Werenski 1
    -Provorov 1
    -Butcher 2
    -Pulock 1
    -
    -

Goalies:
    -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Kaprizov and Sorokin?....do they comes in nhl in 2018-2019??

I think they do come to the NHL next year. Kaprizov can probably jump straight to the NHL. As a goalie, Sorokin probably needs a year in the AHL but maybe not even a full year. If you have room to stash them, they're excellent prospects worth stashing for sure.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think they do come to the NHL next year. Kaprizov can probably jump straight to the NHL. As a goalie, Sorokin probably needs a year in the AHL but maybe not even a full year. If you have room to stash them, they're excellent prospects worth stashing for sure.
    I agree. So if I had to pick between the two (ie. no additional bench space for prospects) I'd probably go with Kaprizov because he's more likely to make an immediate contribution. Goalies are a little more unpredictable as well.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Great One

16 teams. 23 skaters with top 19 counting. That's not an especially deep league and it also doesn't sound like you have many bench spots. I'm not sure I'd want to waste a few spots for players a year down the road. Unless your plan is to throw this season away. But I'm not a big fan of that approach.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

in fact, i'm in really good position to win the next season....i have a lot of players with contract...i have to pick 2def and 1goalie to have my 19 players counting...i can have 3 fowards spares, 2 def ^pares and 1 goalie spare....so if i pick 2 regulars fowards for spares it let me space for Kaprizov and ican keep him next summer and give him a long term contract (if he is ally good as well).....and the same for Sorokin
    Keeper dynasty cap hit (same as NHL)
    16 teams 4 divisions, 2 conference. G=1 A=1, PTS only

19 skaters min. 12 foward, 6 defence and 1 goalie...max 25 skaters, 3 foward spares, 2 def spares and 1 goalie spare.....19 best pts count

Players lock in 2017-2018 and the year remeaning in my team
    fowards:

-P.Kane 2
    -Eichel 1
    -Matthews 2
    -Aho 2

Defences:
    -Werenski 1
    -Provorov 1
    -Butcher 2
    -Pulock 1
    -
    -

Goalies:
    -

The Great One

Personally I agree with the concensus re the 18-19 season. Also as they say Sorokin is the harder one to gauge - in my head the transition should be fairly quick based on both the Isles crease and his ability but that's not set in stone as it never is. The way the contracts are set up have to think 18-19 has Greiss starting with Sorokin starting in the A and getting spot duty whilst he adapts. 19-20 then becomes the time share and after that Greiss is a free agent leaving Sorokin undisputed in 2020... As long as he lives up to his billing of course
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Saying Sorokin will be undisputed in 2020 seems like a huge stretch. So much could happen between now and then. NY could sign a goalie, or Linus Soderstrom could turn out to be the man...

If the OP has free bench spots because of cap reasons, I think Kaprizov is a much better option. I'd also be looking for other forwards like that, as opposed to going all in on a prospect goalie!

The Great One

Possibly but I think you just replace the name Sorokin with Soderstrom - I guess my point is that the Isles are set up for either one to get an opportunity if they carry on their projected paths. Don't forget Greiss may also have emerged by that point so a lot of ifs and buts and twists and turns before any of it comes to pass but in my head it makes sense. Now would I bank on it? Personally not but others are happier with that time frame and I can understand the appeal

and I agreed with that hence my point re the 18-19 season I'm just giving some thoughts re Sorokin of the OP is convinced with keeping him and what that time frame may look like

The Great One

Thought my original post provided the context that I wasn't convinced that it would happen but could hence clarifying

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Good information to know, thats why I better keep Kaprizov as an A prospect.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Good information to know, thats why I better keep Kaprizov as an A prospect.
    You don't even need to take my word for it, here's what Chuck Fletcher said recently (source):

We're operating under the assumption he's got a year left. He's going to play for CSKA, and then he's interested in coming over and playing for the Wild for the 18-19 season. He's a heckuva player. I think he'll be ready to step in and be a good hockey player for us a year from now. That's our expectation and our hope. We haven't been notified of anything to the contrary.
    And when Fletcher says suit up for the Wild, he means 100 percent with Minnesota, not Iowa. As I reported several months ago, it has been communicated to the Wild that Kaprizov only wants to play in the NHL and Fletcher says, "I think he can play this year personally. But certainly another year of experience and he'll be that much more ready to play and contribute and be a good player."