Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Report] Hawks about to trade core piece?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [Report] Hawks about to trade core piece?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Saga, episode,.. whatever you want to call it. I think daytimes comment was directed more at the negative publicity it brought to Kane and the hawks, that type of thing tends to leave a bad taste in mouths, founded or not
    Literally any woman can accuse literally any famous man of rape with little evidence and get plenty of publicity. Are you suggesting that famous people should never have one night stands because the other party may be a crazy bitch?

She very clearly fabricated the entire thing, and Kane's name should not hold any black mark for the incident whatsoever. Other things he has done are a different story. There is nothing illegal or despicable about hooking up with random girls if you are unmarried and they are willing to come home with you.

Dobber Sports Ace

We can only speculate on the thinking on how much the cap would increase etc, but the point daydream made about no one thinking toews and Kane would be the highest paid players now I think is the key. We all thought stamkos would get more as an example.
    I also agree although Kane I guess was cleared etc of wrong doing, it's still not a great thing to hear about. I don't think they would trade him(not sure about the value with his cap hit) but I wouldn't say it's not a possibility. Although, I do agree panarin is the most likely (or anisimov) to get dealt
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    A lot of people thought it would be going up more and be in at least the high 70s by now. That's part of the way the Hawks explained the deal. No one thought in a couple years that they would still be the highest paid players in the league. Remember that they signed the contract 3 years ago. I'll give Bowman credit that they projected the cap to have increased more than 4 M since the time they signed the contract.

Just because I am bored, let's look at this closer.

The 1988 contracts were signed before the 14-15 season when the cap was 69 M. It had just gone up 4.7 M from the previous season. So if you figure a 4 M increase per season moving forward that would give you. 73 M in 15-16, 77 M in 16-17 and 81 M in 17-18. If we now have a flat cap at 73 M this season that is a huge difference between what they figured. So I don't know exactly what is reasonable to expect in terms of a yearly salary cap increase but from those numbers alone I contend that the Hawks had some bad timing in terms of when they resigned Kane and Toews. I still don't know why they felt the need to sign them a full season before they were free agents.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

A lot of people thought it would be going up more and be in at least the high 70s by now. That's part of the way the Hawks explained the deal. No one thought in a couple years that they would still be the highest paid players in the league. Remember that they signed the contract 3 years ago. I'll give Bowman credit that they projected the cap to have increased more than 4 M since the time they signed the contract.

Just because I am bored, let's look at this closer.

The 1988 contracts were signed before the 14-15 season when the cap was 69 M. It had just gone up 4.7 M from the previous season. So if you figure a 4 M increase per season moving forward that would give you. 73 M in 15-16, 77 M in 16-17 and 81 M in 17-18. If we now have a flat cap at 73 M this season that is a huge difference between what they figured. So I don't know exactly what is reasonable to expect in terms of a yearly salary cap increase but from those numbers alone I contend that the Hawks had some bad timing in terms of when they resigned Kane and Toews. I still don't know why they felt the need to sign them a full season before they were free agents.
    Does it really matter if they're the highest paid players or among the top 10 highest paid players? There haven't been enough high end free agents for many players to be paid more than them. A few sure, but not many.

Hockey management says a lot of things that don't really hold up. The Hawks explaining the deals based on cap raises doesn't hold much weight to me. In the offseason when the Hawks signed Toews and Kane, we were already at the point where the cap was basically only increasing due to the escalator and not revenues. The Toews, Kane, and Seabrook contracts were always terrible, were always overpays, and were always going to cripple the Hawks.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

When can teams start trading is it now till protected lists are in then just vegas till 22nd

Dobber Sports Veteran

Normally teams can trade whomever they want all year long. The trade deadline is only a deadline for that year's roster. Any players traded after the deadline but before the next season can't suit up for the new team is all.

That being said there is a roster freeze from June 17 to the 22nd this year for the expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Literally any woman can accuse literally any famous man of rape with little evidence and get plenty of publicity. Are you suggesting that famous people should never have one night stands because the other party may be a crazy bitch?

She very clearly fabricated the entire thing, and Kane's name should not hold any black mark for the incident whatsoever. Other things he has done are a different story. There is nothing illegal or despicable about hooking up with random girls if you are unmarried and they are willing to come home with you.
    And that's all fine.. my point was merely - fault, no fault, guilt/no guilt - Chi did not like the negative publicity That's all. It's not even my comment, only just clarifying what I believed was the other posters meaning in their post.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Normally teams can trade whomever they want all year long. The trade deadline is only a deadline for that year's roster. Any players traded after the deadline but before the next season can't suit up for the new team is all.

That being said there is a roster freeze from June 17 to the 22nd this year for the expansion draft.
    If you're traded post "deadline", you can't play in the playoffs but can the regular season.

And there's a roster freeze during christmas and the olympics (olympics i'm not 100% sure tho)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I did not realise that. Thanks for the info!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Interesting!

I want to make sure I get to see any updates on this/.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    With Lucic, EDM can't afford another boat anchor contract. Hawks aren't trading Hammer, he's their second best D and has a great contract.

Also, this is a historic draft? Since when?
    This is a historic draft for Vegas. It will be their first entry draft. You can have only one of those so therefore it is historic.
    C:Barbashev,Monahan,stephensen,Jenner, Bennett
    LW:Forsberg,Huberdeau,Jeannot, Kreider, Marchand
    RW: Konecny, Pastrnak, Kaliyev,Zadina, Zuccarello, Wheeler
    D: Bouchard, Carlson, Chabot, Jones, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Valimaki
    G:Hart, Vanecek, Montembeau

Forward Prospects: Frost, Glass, Kostin, Tomasino, Berggren, McLeod R., Veleno, Robertson N., Lapierre, Nadeau, Suzuki, Thomas, Barlow,Jarventie, Martino, Bokk, Edmonds, Firkus, Lysell, Rosen
    Defense Prospects:Walman, Liljegren, Benoit, Grans, Korchinski
    Goalie Prospects: Francouz, Vladar, Ersson, Rodrigue, Bjarnason

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't have a link for it, but I was reading on The Score that the rumoured deal would have Chicago adding TVR to get Vegas to take Kruger off their hands...make of it what you will...
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by InForAPenny View Post
    I don't have a link for it, but I was reading on The Score that the rumoured deal would have Chicago adding TVR to get Vegas to take Kruger off their hands...make of it what you will...
    That seams like a done deal. Helps out both teams. Surprised no would offer anything for Kruger.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

That seams like a done deal. Helps out both teams. Surprised no would offer anything for Kruger.
    Kruger is a good player, with value. But it's hard to take on his cap hit at this point. Especially when you also have to drop someone else to make room for him.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Kruger is a good player, with value. But it's hard to take on his cap hit at this point. Especially when you also have to drop someone else to make room for him.
    Is it? We know what kind of stupid money gets thrown around in free agency. Kruger only has 1 year on his contract. I would think he would be attractive to a team like Toronto, Edmonton, or Florida- someone with enough offense who needs some defensive help and can overpay 500 K or so for a year. Las Vegas should be able to flip Kruger at the deadline next year for an asset when his cap hit isn't a problem.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Take Toronto for example. Who do they drop to make room for Kruger? And then what do they give to Chicago to get him? And could they re-sign Boyle as a UFA for half the price?