Thread: 4 Openings in DEEP 30 Team SCFHL2 League Going into its 9th Year

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default 4 Openings in DEEP 30 Team SCFHL2 League Going into its 9th Year

A very deep, 30 team league (SCFHL2) entering into its 9th season is recruiting for a replacement GM for 4 vacant franchises. Pushing to get a full compliment of GMs prior to our annual Entry Draft to start soon after the NHL Draft. Game played on Fantrax (home page https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/ykjjkv0xj1fpmqui/home) and league business and discussions take place on Zifboards (http://z3.invisionfree.com/SCFHL2/index.php?act=idx).

The franchises in question are Tampa, Calgary, St. Louis and NY Rangers. Tampa finished the season in 3rd in the
    Atlantic division and was a playoff team even with no active managment. This franchise has very little cap space and a sparse minor league but a solid starting lineup, headed by Oshie and Doughty, with Cam Ward and Schneider in goal. Team has no 1st round pick in the 2017 entry draft but does have 7 other draft picks. This team can compete now, while rebuilding the teams prospects roster. Calgary finished 4th in the Pacific and missed the playoffs. Very little cap space left, but all 7 draft picks still available and a pretty solid active/reserve roster led be The Great 8, Seth Jones and Charlie Coyle among skaters with a solid crease boasting Rinne and Allen. Lots of minors but few gems. The NY Rangers finished 7th in the Metro and enjoys the 5th overall pick (and 3 picks in the first 2 rounds) in the upcoming Entry Draft. Team has TONS of cap space but not a lot of talent on active/reserve but still boasts Laine and Arvidsson among skaters and a relatively week tandem in goal of Niemi and Kuemper. St. Louis is the weakest of the 4 teams and in dire need of some TLC. No goalies getting NHL minutes and only a couple of solid skaters but lots of draft picks coming up. 5 in the first 2 rounds including #3 overall. Trade bait to fill some holes? Up to you.

I joined this league myself late into the 2015-16 season and found coming in on the ass end of the season helped ease my transition. It gave me time to learn the ropes and assess my team's strengths and weaknesses. So if you are reluctant to join in the offseason, I maintain it's a really good way to transition into a new team in need of some TLC.
    Any prospective GM will be asked to complete the short questionnaire below so we may assess your readiness for the challenge, and the likelihood you'll last more than a few days. We're not just looking for warm bodies. We want GMs who are committed to playing the game with us, setting lineups, responding to other GMs and in following our rules. Speaking of which, we do not allow GMs to make their own roster moves on Fantrax. All roster moves must be documented by GMs in their action specific League forums (lineup changes, waivers, IR replacements and minors call ups/send downs) and league management affects the changes on Fantrax. We have two lineup periods a week (Sun-Tues and Wed- Sat). It's a points based league, modeled after the NHL, with 4 divisions, 2 conferences and all that. I admit I wasn't crazy about the lineup setting restrictions initially but I've gotten used to it and it does help insure a level playing field. Now is a perfect time for a new GM to step in and begin shaping his franchise via the upcoming draft and thru trades. If you're up for the challenge, inquire within. Please, serious applicants only.

1. How many years of keeper league experience do you have?

2. Do you have any experience with Fantrax?
    3. Do you enjoy dealing with prospects/draft picks?
    4. How many other keeper leagues are you in?
    5. Have you ever quit a league in mid-season? If so, why?
    6. On a scale of 1-10, how competitive would you say you are?
    7. Can you commit to following the rules and responding to other GMs in a timely manner?
    8. Are you willing to make trades to improve your team?

Complete prospective roster info and league rules will be provided once applicants pass muster. Interested applicants will PM me on this site with answers to the above questions to start.

Editing to add:
    This is a Salary Cap, Dynasty Keeper League.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: 4 Openings in DEEP 30 Team SCFHL2 League Going into its 9th Year

Here are the scoring categories and associated points:

Scoring Group Scoring Category Position Points
    Skaters Assists (A) Default 25
    Skaters Games Played (GP) Default 2
    Skaters Game Winning Goals (GWG) Default 25
    Skaters Goals (G) Default 25
    Skaters Goals (G) Defense 50
    Skaters Shootout Game Winning Goals (SGWG) Default 75
    Skaters Hat Tricks (HT) Default 50
    Skaters Overtime Goals (OG) Default 15
    Skaters Penalty Minutes (PIM) Default 3
    Skaters Plus/Minus (+/-) Default 10