Thread: Drop Harvey?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Drop Harvey?

Is it time to give up? I own him in a 12 team league and am seriously struggling for healthy players. If he blows up again tonight vs Atlanta should I cut loose??

I need to be able to add some worthy guys but not sure if I should drop Harvey, Hoffman or a guy like Polanco (now that Haniger is likely back this weekend).

**I'm trying not to think about the fact that I dealt Carlos Santana for him because what's done is done and I've likely lost that deal

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Drop Harvey?

I wouldn't drop Jeff Hoffman.

I'd drop Harvey. IF he gets back to decent form, he's not going to be a difference maker in fantasy. He'll be this guy you ride a wave of 3-4 starts then drop. I've never really understood the appeal to Polanco, he just seems so inconsistent to deal with in a H2H league.

Depending on what the WW holds, i'd drop Harvey even before his next start.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I have been debating the same thing... and I thought the Mets would be better this year. I have almost dropped Harvey a couple times... but when it comes time to actually hit submit... i second guess myself and stop. There has to be some trade value for him... he is still 90% owned in CBS leagues.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I have been debating the same thing... and I thought the Mets would be better this year. I have almost dropped Harvey a couple times... but when it comes time to actually hit submit... i second guess myself and stop. There has to be some trade value for him... he is still 90% owned in CBS leagues.
    76% in Yahoo, but that's got to be because of name weight. Plus he'll go 4 starts bad, 1 maybe half good. 4 bad, 1 maybe half good. I'd be done with him for a while, but i get it. I own Tanaka in 2 leagues and his ERA is like7.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Traded him in a dynasty last year before he got hurt for a dice roll in Brantley who was halfway through his rehab and hitting setbacks. I was done with Harvey back then. The only better option than dropping him now was dropping him yesterday.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I wouldn't drop Jeff Hoffman.

I'd drop Harvey. IF he gets back to decent form, he's not going to be a difference maker in fantasy. He'll be this guy you ride a wave of 3-4 starts then drop. I've never really understood the appeal to Polanco, he just seems so inconsistent to deal with in a H2H league.

Depending on what the WW holds, i'd drop Harvey even before his next start.
    Wise words here I think. I need some K tonight so I'll probably hold onto him and then drop tomorrow...but maybe you're trying to get me to drop Polanco in our league hmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    76% in Yahoo, but that's got to be because of name weight. Plus he'll go 4 starts bad, 1 maybe half good. 4 bad, 1 maybe half good. I'd be done with him for a while, but i get it. I own Tanaka in 2 leagues and his ERA is like7.
    I would say Tanaka is a bit different because his disaster outings are kind of new. Harvey has been pretty bad for a year or so (with injuries mixed in).

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Traded him in a dynasty last year before he got hurt for a dice roll in Brantley who was halfway through his rehab and hitting setbacks. I was done with Harvey back then. The only better option than dropping him now was dropping him yesterday.
    Well you look like a genius now!

Dobber Sports Titan

Went from taking over the 16th overall team out of 20 in my dynasty league to sitting 4th right now. So it's looking good alongside some other moves.
    There are others like Richards that I should have known to stay away from for the same reason.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Of course he puts up a decent outing last night

Dobber Sports Deity

I still wouldn't trust him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I still wouldn't trust him.
    He has been dropped for Domingo Santana for now. Once I read he plays CHC and LAD his next 2 starts it pretty much sealed it for me.