Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Flames make massive offer for Oveckin

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumor] Flames make massive offer for Oveckin

I am not sure how much (if any) truth is tied to this rumor but there is a bit of chatter on twitter today about a few teams making pitches for Ovechkin. This one is the biggest one I've read today:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...-biggest-stars

According to the Delfi report, the Flames have offer 20-year-old center Sam Bennett, 20-year-old defenseman Oliver Kylington, and a pair of first round draft choices in exchange for Washington's captain.

Needless to say this is clearly a serious attempt at making the deal a reality from the Flames, and is the first real indication that NHL teams believe that there is now a possibility of prying Ovechkin away from the Capitals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: [Rumor] Flames make massive offer for Oveckin

That's a big offer. Enough to convince Washington brass to move Ovi? I say "yes", but it is close.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Doesn't make a ton of sense for Washington to land Bennett, since they're arguably too well stocked at center already.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    That's a big offer. Enough to convince Washington brass to move Ovi? I say "yes", but it is close.
    I think Washington hangs up the phone instantly even if that's remotely true.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I think Washington hangs up the phone instantly even if that's remotely true.
    Lol my thinking as well. They don't need more C's and those first rounds could end up being end-of-round picks if Ovi helps propell the Flames.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, this didn't actually happen lol.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah I don't see that being a reality in the real NHL. I wouldn't do that trade in fantasy either lol

If the flames were serious, I'd think they'd need to start with tkachuk + dougie + picks etc to even get a response. Obv a monahan/gaudreau changes that, but I don't think they would want to move them

Radio guys were talking about it in Calgary, got a text from Treliving and just said "so yea, this was a fun 5 minute fantasy time killer".

Dobber Sports Monster

Flames: Hey Washinghton, got an offer for Ovechkin

Capitals: WAT

Flames: Bennett, Kylington, two 1st round picks

Capitals: TALK TO ME WHEN YOU ARE SERIOUS

[HANGS UP PHONE]

.... just my opinion but no way does Washington accept that deal, if Ovie was on the open market you would think there would be better offers than that out there. You can have 4 quarters or 1 loonie?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Radio guys were talking about it in Calgary, got a text from Treliving and just said "so yea, this was a fun 5 minute fantasy time killer".

I highly doubt it ever happens - but even if the talk was true, would Treliving actually say it on the radio? He's not going to confirm it, so his answer doesn't really count for squat.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    If the flames were serious, I'd think they'd need to start with tkachuk + dougie + picks etc to even get a response. Obv a monahan/gaudreau changes that, but I don't think they would want to move them
    The rumour is total BS. Even if there was any truth to it, Hamilton and Tkachuk for a goal-suck near the downside of his career would never happen.

Interesting how the poster who started the Vatanen to TO discussion gets trashed but this silly rumour actually gets airplay.

Dobber Sports Icon

Add Monahan and Hamilton and you'd get Washington to think about. OV's not going anywhere.

We're already into the summer doldrums.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    The rumour is total BS. Even if there was any truth to it, Hamilton and Tkachuk for a goal-suck near the downside of his career would never happen.

Interesting how the poster who started the Vatanen to TO discussion gets trashed but this silly rumour actually gets airplay.
    Hamilton and Tkachuk weren't in the "rumored offer".

I am sure there is little truth to it as well, simply because the rumor got out. Usually once that happens, I find it to be sketchy at best. That doesn't mean there wasn't discussion between Calgary and Washington for Ovechkin though. Usually where there's smoke, there's a bit of fire.

I do agree with Chico Resch though. Even if there was an ounce of truth to the rumor, Treliving isn't going to admit it on the radio.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I'm in the minority I guess, but I think the "required" packages here for Ovie are nuts. The guy is one-dimensional, a cap albatross, on the wrong side of 30, and, frankly, without Backstrom he is not a huge upgrade over someone like Kessel.
    And we all know what Kessel fetched via trade... very little, even if Kappy develops into a decent player.
    Plus the Leafs had to eat salary.

IF the Flames offered Bennett, Kylington and a pair of 1sts, I think that is an outstanding offer. The Caps would be exercising incredibly poor asset management if they hung up the phone.
    I do agree with most of your points. The one thing I will point out is that in the real NHL, the wrong side of 30 doesn't hold the same weight as it does in fantasy sports. Teams aren't afraid of the age issue as much as fantasy GM's tend to focus on it. Today's NHL players (especially the elite ones) can play well into their 30s at an extremely high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hamilton and Tkachuk weren't in the "rumored offer".

I am sure there is little truth to it as well, simply because the rumor got out. Usually once that happens, I find it to be sketchy at best. That doesn't mean there wasn't discussion between Calgary and Washington for Ovechkin though. Usually where there's smoke, there's a bit of fire.

I do agree with Chico Resch though. Even if there was an ounce of truth to the rumor, Treliving isn't going to admit it on the radio.
    I mean. The rumor "got out" from Russia. Does that count? Is that the sources we're trusting now?