Thread: Blockbuster: Arenado,Springer,Martinez for Yu,DeGrom, Murphy REP

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Blockbuster: Arenado,Springer,Martinez for Yu,DeGrom, Murphy REP

Woah....just got offered this. Am I wrong to decline?? Detail is needed...I came in going almost all offense early in the draft with the idea in mind that I'd deal some for pitching eventually. I just feel like this might be too much to give given how SP have been going down the past couple of seasons.

I am in 1st place and have been playing 2-3 roster players down for the past month due to so many injuries and don't feel the need to drop good players if I'm in 1st.

R, 2B, HR, RBI, BB, SB, Avg
    W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

C: Schwarber
    1B: Bellinger
    2B: Castro
    3B: Arenado
    SS: Correa
    LF: Polanco
    CF: Hamilton
    RF: Springer
    Util: Bour (newly DL)
    Bn: Pollock (DL)

DL: Haniger

SP: Martinez, McCullers, Paxton, Roark, Berrios, Lynn, Harvey, Hoffman
    RP: Davis, Hand, J. Wilson, Ottavino (DL)

DL: Duffy, Gray

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Blockbuster: Arenado,Springer,Martinez for Yu,DeGrom, Murphy REP

No deal HR!!!

Arenado is the best piece in this trade and you currently own him. Martinez is on a tear since coming off the DL and Springer is great except for Ks but luckily you don't count them.

Darvish and deGrom on the other hand are not showcasing their best stuff on a consistent basis this year so there is no need to offer that much firepower if you really want to land one or both of those SPs.

Murphy is a good return but I don't prefer him to any of the guys you are sending his way so even he doesn't help to tip the scales on that side of the deal.

I would offer Martinez for deGrom or Darvish and see if he bites but I would definitely hold onto the rest of your current assets.

EDIT: just realized it wasn't JD but Carlos you are sending his way. It doesn't change my perspective on the overall trade but you can forget the 1v1 I was suggesting for Darvish or deGrom.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree on the no deal. Too much to give up, and too much risk with the pitching. Make a smaller deal for one star pitcher instead if you can.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Giving up the best player in the deal usually never ends up well . . . I agree with Bass and EB. Too much to give up for SP's who have bee great, but not constantly great.

I like having more power in my bats, than in my pitching any day. If you're deep at OF, I'd think about offering Springer + another small asset for one of those 2 if you're desperate for pitching.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I agree with the above comments.

Elite pitching is always hard to come buy... but this is an extreme price.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thanks guys....I agree too. The other owner has Scherzer so I told him if Im sending Arenado then I want Max....he said no ....

Anyways...appreciate!