Forsberg LW
    Wheeler RW
    Kadri C

Final spot considerations:
    Radulov

Guentzel

Schenn
    Kesler

Or trade for someone like Nylander (in talks not enjoyingthe ask ? latest offer received was Schenn/Kadri ? Nylander/Duchene) Was thinking the Nylander route for higher offensive upside.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Final keeper(s) - (REP)

I'd keep Guentzel if you want points. But Schenn is no slouch in your league either. ... actually thinking about it I'd probably go Schenn by a 51-49 ratio

Also With the multi-cat aspect of your pool Schenn/Kadri > Nylander/Duchene IMO.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Superstar

yeah no dice dealing out Schenn and Kadri. I keep Guentzel hope he finds himself on PP1 regularly with Letang QB'ing and reap the PPP rewards.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I really like Schenn as your keep here. For the trade, could be a steal IF Duchene can get back to 65+pts. Schenn and Kadri you pretty much know what the ceiling is. Nylander could easily eclipse that, and if Duchene can get back to producing it could be a steal. But if he doesn't you're giving up 2 solid (if not spectacular) performers so its a gamble.
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'd keep Guentzel if you want points. But Schenn is no slouch in your league either. ... actually thinking about it I'd probably go Schenn by a 51-49 ratio

Also With the multi-cat aspect of your pool Schenn/Kadri > Nylander/Duchene IMO.
    Agree on the schenn/kadri side. I've been willing to move one, and anything else I'm not keeping with the believe Nylander is going to push 70pts this year. But not both, Kadri's a beast in this format.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    yeah no dice dealing out Schenn and Kadri. I keep Guentzel hope he finds himself on PP1 regularly with Letang QB'ing and reap the PPP rewards.
    I've been humming and hawing Guentzel... I figure points wise he's = Schenn/Kesler, but do I lose the peripherals for same pt totals? Even with this massive cap ceiling, having the $$ savings is a bonus

Dobber Sports Star

For me it's Schenn or Radulov. Peripherals matter a great deal in this format, and Guentzel is weak compared to the other two so I wouldn't even consider him. Let somebody else draft him too early. Kesler is probably an easier redraft.

If you have to pick before Radulov signs, I'd probably mitigate risk and go with Schenn, who is guaranteed good opportunity with good linemates. Philly won't be that bad in consecutive years. Radulov is the home-run pick though... if he lands somewhere with a good centre, he could leave the rest in the dust, on top of good peripherals.

EDIT: just re-read and saw it's a cap league. Schenn is the guy.

Dobber Sports Superstar

his acumen for goal scoring has me sold on Guentzel and the fact that he is being fed by Sid makes me feel it can be sustained. He has also proven he is not a sole product of Crosby a la Kunitz, he can generate on his own albeit to a lesser extent. Kesler too old in my book for a keep and Schenn has shown what he'll be Guentzel could be an eight point guy and he's in the scenario for it.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Jedi

still torn.. anyone else?

The Great One

I go Schenn here - last year you pretty much saw the worst you'll get from him, and it was still pretty darn good for these categories. Kesler is actually even better (especially with PIM) and his age doesn't scare me given the lack of competition for his "spot", yet he makes 20% more than Schenn, so I'm taking Brayden. I can see how others would recommend Kadri or Guentzel but I'm not sold on either one being able to replicate their 2016-17 performances.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    still torn.. anyone else?
    add some weight on the Schenn side. Cap + league cats make it a no-brainer for me
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

Thanks everyone.. I've now slotted Schenn in as my 12th. A development. I just traded away Forsberg for W. Nylander 5m in savings.

One thing I am wondering about... I was asked about moving Andersen for Price... hesitant. he had no interest in Talbot (odd IMO) Should I consider this? I was debating trying to move one of Faulk/Shattenkirk with Kesler to add a high end F. This would still leave me with 3/6D keepers

Right now I am balanced with 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G as my keepers. Thoughts? I'm really thinking Price isn't going to be a huge upgrade on Andersen if at all next season.