Thread: Jake Muzzin

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Jake Muzzin

Hello fellow poolies! Question for my lifetime keeper league...

Is Jake Muzzin worth taking a chance on for next year (POINTS ONLY) ??

A fellow GM in my league owns him and is pretty disgruntled with his last season and I believe I could get him for dirt cheap.

I know he had a down year last year, but he's only one season away from back to back 40 point campaigns, and I know LA couldn't score a whole lot last year AND with the front office changes there is uncertainty over how the team is gonna look in the future...

Alex Martinez is available in my draft as well, kinda seems like the 2 of them traded places this season but do you guys think JM will be closer to the JM of 2 years ago?

if acquired he would probably be the 1st dman to come off my bench, and I do own Kris Letang so having a good bench option isn't a bad idea.

Thanks in advance and happy Cup Finals!

The Great One

Default Re: Jake Muzzin

I personally am not banking on Muzzin to hit 40 points.

It's hard to say too much else without knowing details on your league: number of teams, number of d-men that start, bench size, etc. The deeper the league, the more Muzzin could make sense.

There is likely a reason he's dirt cheap in your league, though...

Dobber Sports Titan

I think he could hit 40 again, or at least come close to it. The front office/coaching change should help.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

A interesting punt - how cheap is cheap though?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I personally am not banking on Muzzin to hit 40 points.

It's hard to say too much else without knowing details on your league: number of teams, number of d-men that start, bench size, etc. The deeper the league, the more Muzzin could make sense.

There is likely a reason he's dirt cheap in your league, though...

11 teams, 36 players each with 4 slots for prospects so max 40.
    Start 12 forwards, 6 defense and 1 goalie.
    4 round entry draft every year which includes new players from this upcoming entry draft plus whoever isn't owned in the league.

....dirt cheap = 4th round pick or possibly another dman. I might offer Vlasic or Severson or Tyler Myers if he wants to the latter route

The Great One

11 teams x 6 D = 66. Yeah, I could see Muzzin in top 66. I'd have no problem giving up a 4th round pick for him.