Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Oshie close to re-signing in WSH

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumour] Oshie close to re-signing in WSH

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...oshie-all-done

One of the biggest question marks of the offseason for the Capitals may have already been answered. Capitals winger T.J. Oshie was set to become one of if not the biggest free agent on the market this summer, but according to one report, it looks as if he is staying put in Washington.

In an appearance on the "Two Man Advantage" show on NHL Network Radio, Sportsnet reporter John Shannon said Saturday a deal between the Caps and Oshie was "all but done."

Oshie enjoyed a career year as he surpassed the 30-goal plateau for the first time in his career. With 33 goals, Oshie tied Alex Ovechkin for the team lead despite the fact that he missed 14 games due to injury. He would have been a highly sought-after free agent, but Oshie made it clear he wanted to remain in Washington.

?This group of guys, organization, coaches. It?s been a great fit for me," Oshie said at the Caps' breakdown day. "It?s been a great fit for my family. So, I?d like to come back here.?

Now we will have to wait and see just what it will cost.

As one of the top free agents, Oshie would have commanded a huge contract on the open market. Even if he was willing to take a discount, retaining Oshie likely will not have come cheap. Depending on just how much it cost, it may not leave much room for the Caps to work with this offseason.

Oshie will most likely be the Caps' biggest signing of the summer. Considering how good he has been over the past two seasons, however, you won't hear much complaining out of Washington.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: [Rumour] Oshie close to re-signing in WSH

I think he will sign for a slight discount compared to what he might command on the open market. Washington has been a top team for years, and Oshie gets plenty of TOI with the best players in Washington. Why leave that??

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont be surprised to see him sign for 5yrs, and something close to 6M per in WSH.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

This sucks for Burakovsky owners.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    I dont think it does. Burakovsky should still find his way into a top six role and there's nothing wrong with that. There was no guarantees that Burakovsky was getting top line duties even if Oshie wasn't coming back anyway.

Dobber Sports Wizard

If Oshie re-signs, then it's pretty clear Alzner and Williams are gone. They just can't afford everyone. Shattenkirk is gone for sure but I think the decision was between Alzner and Oshie, and looks like they chose to keep Oshie.

Two of Orlov, Schmidt and Orpik will need to play top-4 minutes. I think Orlov can do it but not so sure about the other two.

The Great One

As a Kuznetsov owner, I was hoping Oshie would move on; I'm not sure how much confidence I have in this guy if he is constantly on line 2.

Dobber Sports Pro

Being a Burakovsky owner sucks for Burakovsky owners.
    -Former Burakovsky owner

haha, seriously tho he'll probably be good and useful at some point. Just wasn't able to get up to speed fast enough to fit my competitive window, and wasn't as good as my other prospects.

The Great One

I don't think it impacts Bura much - if anything as JP says I think it means that Williams is gone so cements Bura next to Kuz and I like him for a bounce back - Oshie, Backstrom and Ovi will stay how it was - only issue for Bura will be pp time but wouldn't be surprised if Washington starts splitting the two units fairly as they transition to Kuz taking over.

With Orlov moving on have to think Schmidt and Bowey are worth a lol in deep leagues (though Schmidt is probably already on people's radars)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

I dont think so. Assuming the Caps let Williams walk, Burakovsky will slot in as a 2nd line winger with some decent PP time, getting 16-17 minutes a night. That should be good enough to push him into the 50-point range. The Caps were always planning to re-sign Oshie, he produces and isnt expensive.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I don't think it impacts Bura much - if anything as JP says I think it means that Williams is gone so cements Bura next to Kuz and I like him for a bounce back - Oshie, Backstrom and Ovi will stay how it was - only issue for Bura will be pp time but wouldn't be surprised if Washington starts splitting the two units fairly as they transition to Kuz taking over.

With Orlov moving on have to think Schmidt and Bowey are worth a lol in deep leagues (though Schmidt is probably already on people's radars)
    Did Orlov sign with a KHL team yet, or is he still negotiating?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

If rumours are to be believed the $s won't fit... Vegas bound? Still don't expect him in the KHL ��
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great news for the Caps, Oshie and fantasy owners

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't want to Reply Quote to all, so I will just sum everything up here:

1. Caps better hope Oshie's shooting percentage stays very high if they are giving him big term and $$$
    2. Burakovsky should be on Line 2 next season, and next to Kuzy should be good for fantasy #'s
    3. Orlov and Schmidt were already playing top 4 D minutes in the playoffs, and I think Orpik (if not bought out) will play bottom pairing minutes
    4. Only way I see Orlov going to KHL is to play in the Olympics (NHL still MAY go). He will get paid this year and can get lots of minutes, him and Niskanen were the top shutdown pairing for the Caps, so I do not see a reason for him to go to the KHL (ie. less money there)
    5. Bowey didn't have the best season this year (with the injury and management upset with him) and finished scratched or on the 3rd pair in the Bears playoff run. Likely passed by Lewington (nothing special for fantasy but pims), Christian Djoos, and/or Connor Hobbs (more likely on AHL - do not remember if he is still CHL required)
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Superstar

Interesting announcement for sure. The way it's being reported I can't help but think this is the first of several agreements done in principle which are not announced until after the expansion draft.

Although I see the Capitals really liking Graubauer from the Capitals so maybe they aren't worried about losing Oshie, but seeing Oshie available (on term?) could be an attractive option to Las Vegas, or the Capitals sign and protect Oshie but then have to expose one of their young studs??

Not sure what the best plan of attack is here but it's fun to speculate and watch.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR