Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading for McDavid

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Trading for McDavid

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    //Three years from now looks back at the summer of 2017//

"Yeah, I had a deal on the table for McDavid but I just couldn't part with Radko Gudas."
    This all day long.

McDavid normally demands an unreasonable / irrational price. This is neither. Sure, it's not buying low or cheap by any means, but it's more than fair for the future best player in the league and current elite top end talent.

This doesn't stop you from competing for the next 3 years. Not even the next 2 years. I'd argue you're competitive next year even.

Keller is likely a non factor next year and McKinnon is meh so far with a similar projection for next season on a bad team (I'm actually a buy low on him l but he'll likely not improve drastically next year given his situation). So, truly impactful players for next season this deal is Marner and Gudas for McDavid? Will you be a bit soft on right wing? Sure, but that's easy to deal with if you're an active gm when you have a full summer ahead of you.

I'm giving myself a seizure by panic pressing the accept button on this one.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Ok do I make the deal?

Ego. Part of being a McDavid owner right now is fueled by ego.

Accept. Make the deal. Do it!
    '
    -- xx Sincerely,

Me, A McDavid owner
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Expert

Thanks guys. Sometimes u need that push to do it.

Done deal. Though I probably cut Rask

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    This all day long.

McDavid normally demands an unreasonable / irrational price. This is neither. Sure, it's not buying low or cheap by any means, but it's more than fair for the future best player in the league and current elite top end talent.

This doesn't stop you from competing for the next 3 years. Not even the next 2 years. I'd argue you're competitive next year even.

Keller is likely a non factor next year and McKinnon is meh so far with a similar projection for next season on a bad team (I'm actually a buy low on him l but he'll likely not improve drastically next year given his situation). So, truly impactful players for next season this deal is Marner and Gudas for McDavid? Will you be a bit soft on right wing? Sure, but that's easy to deal with if you're an active gm when you have a full summer ahead of you.

I'm giving myself a seizure by panic pressing the accept button on this one.
    Lol rep to u