Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Unique Decision...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: A Unique Decision...

it's amazing how youth fogs many GM's minds and makes it seem like age 29 is a death sentence lmao. I'll be riding Nicklas Backstrom WELL into his thirties and laughing the whole way.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Keller is a ways away from starting, but his value is only going to continue to improve where a 30 year old Kessel's will slowly slide - especially in my league where youth is massively overvalued.

I'll be holding Keller for some time to see what I've got in him. I see a sky high ceiling so it's no sweat to wait.

I won this year with him on my bench, I feel my team is better today than it was 2 months ago so it should be okay to ride him on the pine again.

Hellebuyck is a safe 3rd but I'll likely look to grab Darling in the draft to hopefully mitigate the risk in case of injury. I really like him and the Jets' future.

Solid ideas though. I'll miss Phil, but it's a cruel business we play
    I'm just curious - is there any serious competition in your league? You can win keeping players on the bench, who are years away. You can trade a pick for Tarasenko. You can give someone Kessel because you don't need him. Does anyone in your league put up legit competition?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Keller is a ways away from starting, but his value is only going to continue to improve where a 30 year old Kessel's will slowly slide - especially in my league where youth is massively overvalued.

I'll be holding Keller for some time to see what I've got in him. I see a sky high ceiling so it's no sweat to wait.

I won this year with him on my bench, I feel my team is better today than it was 2 months ago so it should be okay to ride him on the pine again.

Hellebuyck is a safe 3rd but I'll likely look to grab Darling in the draft to hopefully mitigate the risk in case of injury. I really like him and the Jets' future.

Solid ideas though. I'll miss Phil, but it's a cruel business we play
    I'm the crazy one ha! I think Keller and Montour start this next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

I've got two other teams that compete for sure and another that has Laine, Eichel, Pasta, Murray, Werenski, Gaudreau, Panarin.. that is on the cusp of jointing the real elite.

The Great One

I've got two other teams that compete for sure and another that has Laine, Eichel, Pasta, Murray, Werenski, Gaudreau, Panarin.. that is on the cusp of jointing the real elite.
    Cool. I was just curious. If there is competition, I still don't quite get keeping Keller over Kessel. When you say youth is over-valued in your league, it must be to an insane degree lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Cool. I was just curious. If there is competition, I still don't quite get keeping Keller over Kessel. When you say youth is over-valued in your league, it must be to an insane degree lol
    I didn't even really consider moving Keller or Guentzel. They're my future. I'm usually all about packaging up young talent that has a wait time for more proven assets, but I feel my team is at the point now where I can stash a little something for down the line.

It doesn't hurt that I'm super high on both those young players. Keller's value is currently lower than Kessel's but in a year, maybe two, I imagine it will be far higher. I cash in on Kessel now and see what shakes out with Keller down the line. If he turns into the player I expect, then I won't be trading him at all. If I start to sense he won't get there, I'll use the power of my words to sell him at a solid return regardless
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

The Great One

I didn't even really consider moving Keller or Guentzel. They're my future. I'm usually all about packaging up young talent that has a wait time for more proven assets, but I feel my team is at the point now where I can stash a little something for down the line.

It doesn't hurt that I'm super high on both those young players. Keller's value is currently lower than Kessel's but in a year, maybe two, I imagine it will be far higher. I cash in on Kessel now and see what shakes out with Keller down the line. If he turns into the player I expect, then I won't be trading him at all. If I start to sense he won't get there, I'll use the power of my words to sell him at a solid return regardless
    That's fair enough. I just have a different fantasy hockey philosophy. I'd rather go 'all-in' and compete this year. And worry about next year, next year (to an extent). I hate the idea of potentially losing a title with players riding the pine on my team.