Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Unique Decision...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default A Unique Decision...

I've just recently swapped the first overall pick and Nikita Gusev for Tarasenko. I'm now one over my keeper limit of 17

I've been peddling Bergeron and Atkinson around but likely can only get a mid round pick for one.

Do I do that, or sell Kessel for 3rd, 11th and 13th overall?

Arvidsson, Darling, Yandle, top prospects from this draft and some from the last two (Boeser, McAvoy...)..will be available.
    It sounds strange but Kessel is my 7th forward in a start 8.

Basically the decision is to lose Kessel but keep Bergeron and add Arvidsson + top 2017 prospect + Yandle (ball park) in the draft

Or

Lose Bergergon/Atkinson, keep Kessel and add a 3rd rounder.

Thoughts?

Rep. Rep.

Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: A Unique Decision...

What are goals and assists worth? Having issues understanding what you have in your signature for points

Dobber Sports Guru

I love Kessel, but I think I'd trade him in your situation. No idea how other GMs will draft, but if you wind up with McAvoy, Yandle and Boeser, that's a pretty good return for Kessel.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    What are goals and assists worth? Having issues understanding what you have in your signature for points
    Goals and assists are both worth 3 points. PPP's are worth 1, Short handed goals an extra 2 and +/- has recently been reduced to 0.5 point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I love Kessel, but I think I'd trade him in your situation. No idea how other GMs will draft, but if you wind up with McAvoy, Yandle and Boeser, that's a pretty good return for Kessel.
    I'm leaning that way too. It's strange because Kessel would be worth so much more on a different squad, but I can use the picks, have the depth and need the keeper space
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would trade Kessel pretty easily here. The rate of return is not worth the shade better than Bergeron he may be next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Pulled the trigger!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Pulled the trigger!
    Good call. Kessel only shows up in the playoffs anyway..lol!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would have said pull the trigger. Good deal.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would trade Kessel pretty easily here. The rate of return is not worth the shade better than Bergeron he may be next year.
    Agree with this. Good move.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Though I get that Kessel may be better in your scoring this is one of those where the return dictates that this was the right move
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks everyone!

I feel pretty good about it. Especially if I can land Arvidsson AND Darling plus a prospect or a guy like a Yandle.

Gives me options. I love options.

The Great One

I'm just curious - looking at your squad...I'd guessing you will be competing for a championship. Have you considered moving Keller (or maybe even Helleybuck)? How long do you project it will take Keller to crack your top 8?

The Great One

Agree with Als sentiment here... Unless you can win without moving them...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm not looking to unload a guy who put up 70 points past season almost fifty being assists, like others above I am dangling Keller in your scenario as your title window is now through next few seasons.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Stud

Keller is a ways away from starting, but his value is only going to continue to improve where a 30 year old Kessel's will slowly slide - especially in my league where youth is massively overvalued.

I'll be holding Keller for some time to see what I've got in him. I see a sky high ceiling so it's no sweat to wait.

I won this year with him on my bench, I feel my team is better today than it was 2 months ago so it should be okay to ride him on the pine again.

Hellebuyck is a safe 3rd but I'll likely look to grab Darling in the draft to hopefully mitigate the risk in case of injury. I really like him and the Jets' future.

Solid ideas though. I'll miss Phil, but it's a cruel business we play