Thread: Thoughts on a couple RB's on new teams

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Thoughts on a couple RB's on new teams

Curious if folks here think Rex Burkhead will be fantasy relevant in New England this season as well as Matt Asiata in Detroit. I currently own both of them in my keeper and my RBs suck. We start 2 each week and the only true starter I have is Zeke Elliott. I also own Charles Sims and Matt Jones. Jones pretty much seems useless now and is probably waiver fodder for me before we draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Thoughts on a couple RB's on new teams

Asiata is interesting in Detroit but football is too finicky to predict. Sims has a nice young offense to grow with but he did not look impressive last season. Honestly I just roll the die on the New England powerhouse, that's what I did last auction draft with Blount for $4. $4 got me like 14TD, awesome sauce.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

My money is on Gillislee. He's the best all purpose RB on the Pats roster; very versatile. Odd man out is Dion Lewis. Burkhead should play the COP role/goal line.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

NE RBs are too hard to predict week to week for me to touch, especially via keeper.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Curious if folks here think Rex Burkhead will be fantasy relevant in New England this season as well as Matt Asiata in Detroit. I currently own both of them in my keeper and my RBs suck. We start 2 each week and the only true starter I have is Zeke Elliott. I also own Charles Sims and Matt Jones. Jones pretty much seems useless now and is probably waiver fodder for me before we draft.
    Non of those RBs is worth keeping. They're unpredictable goal line players at best.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    NE RBs are too hard to predict week to week for me to touch, especially via keeper.
    Agree with this. Any week can see a different one go off and it will leave you very frustrated.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Non of those RBs is worth keeping. They're unpredictable goal line players at best.
    I agree but those are the best options out there today. Nothing on the WW and trying to acquire RB is like pulling teeth. They are like gold and damn expensive for trades. The best way to acquire them is via the draft.

I recently traded down in our upcoming prospect draft from 2nd overall to the 4th overall pick and picked up a 2nd round pick for dropping down those two spots. I expect Fournette and McCaffery to go 1-2 and I am hoping to snag Mixon at #4.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I agree but those are the best options out there today. Nothing on the WW and trying to acquire RB is like pulling teeth. They are like gold and damn expensive for trades. The best way to acquire them is via the draft.

I recently traded down in our upcoming prospect draft from 2nd overall to the 4th overall pick and picked up a 2nd round pick for dropping down those two spots. I expect Fournette and McCaffery to go 1-2 and I am hoping to snag Mixon at #4.
    If RBs are what you need, take whichever of Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, and Mixon are there at 4. Hope for Mixon, since he would be my pick at 1.01. I still wouldn't waste keeper spots on anyone other than maybe Burkhead.

If RBs are what you need, take whichever of Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, and Mixon are there at 4. Hope for Mixon, since he would be my pick at 1.01. I still wouldn't waste keeper spots on anyone other than maybe Burkhead.
    I agree, with the exception of swapping Gillislee for Burkhead. But that may be a matter of splitting hairs. Choosing which NE RB you prefer is like choosing which shit-sandwich tastes the best. Mixon would be my 1.01 as wel, but I would be fine with Fournette or McCaffrey if they fell to the 4 spot. If my only option were Cook at 1.04 then I would go WR with Davis or try to trade down to the 9 spot and grab Perine while also acquiring an extra future.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I also have the 8th overall pick.

I was planning on taking one of the big TE's at 8 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I agree, with the exception of swapping Gillislee for Burkhead. But that may be a matter of splitting hairs. Choosing which NE RB you prefer is like choosing which shit-sandwich tastes the best. Mixon would be my 1.01 as wel, but I would be fine with Fournette or McCaffrey if they fell to the 4 spot. If my only option were Cook at 1.04 then I would go WR with Davis or try to trade down to the 9 spot and grab Perine while also acquiring an extra future.
    Ok but he doesn't own Gillislee, he owns Burkhead.

I would take Cook at 4 and Perine at 8. If you don't need WRs, take a couple shots.

Ok but he doesn't own Gillislee, he owns Burkhead.

I would take Cook at 4 and Perine at 8. If you don't need WRs, take a couple shots.
    Yes. I gathered as much from his orig post. Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Howard could fall to that spot depending on league set up, bu 1.08 is more Njoku range. Maybe wait to see what's falling and trade back a couple of spots. Honestly, 1.07 - thru - 2.02 is one big tier, imo.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

What does the rest of your team look like going into the draft? At first glance Rataylor's advice for best RB available at #4 and Perine at #8 sounds like the plan to me. TE's don't usually do much in their rookie year

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    What does the rest of your team look like going into the draft? At first glance Rataylor's advice for best RB available at #4 and Perine at #8 sounds like the plan to me. TE's don't usually do much in their rookie year
    It's a 16 team Dynasty league with a full compliment of IDP. I currently own picks 1.4, 1.8, 2.2, 2.4, and then 3.2, 4.2, 5.2 and 6.2. I will put my full roster in later when I get home and get time.