Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lindholm & Vatanen to have Shoulder Surgery

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Lindholm & Vatanen to have Shoulder Surgery

Both Hampus Lindholm and Sami Vatanen played in the post-season with torn labrums and are to undergo surgery.

Eric Stephens‏Verified account
    @icemancometh

Following
    More
    GM Bob Murray said Hampus Lindholm, Sami Vatanen have torn labrums and will need major surgery. Lindholm out 4-5 months, Vatanen "longer."

I wonder how this changes the Ducks off-season plans in terms of moving a dman before the expansion draft. My guess is that they move Vatanen unless the talks with Cam Fowler on an extension don't go well.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Lindholm & Vatanen to have Shoulder Surgery

That sucks for the Ducks and certainly makes it more challenging to move either of them, or anyone else for that matter. I'm not sure they can afford to move any of their healthy Dmen now with this news.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    B

I wonder how this changes the Ducks off-season plans in terms of moving a dman before the expansion draft. My guess is that they move Vatanen unless the talks with Cam Fowler on an extension don't go well.
    Screw the Ducks offseason plans....what the heck are the Leafs gonna do now!?!?!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lol.

Stay the course. None of those guys were T.O. Bound anyway. But I appreciate the sarcasm! Lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I suppose it could have been worse. The injuries could have happened at the start of the season or during the playoff push. This way they have a full offseason of rehab without the pressure of returning to the club
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Titan

5months takes you to October. With no offseason training, or pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised that they might not be "start of season form" until end of November/December really.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

You know, I heard this on the radio yesterday and I wondered if, all seriousness of injury aside, there was a bit of gamesmanship here for the upcoming expansion draft.....

"Oh yeah, sure, take one of our fantastic top 4 D, but they are all injured.. for months, many many months... so yeah, draft them at your own peril... did I say they were injured? I did, right? Really, really injured... like don't bother taking them...because they're gonna be out a while, longer than a while...".
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Screw the Ducks offseason plans....what the heck are the Leafs gonna do now!?!?!
    Ekholm
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    You know, I heard this on the radio yesterday and I wondered if, all seriousness of injury aside, there was a bit of gamesmanship here for the upcoming expansion draft.....

"Oh yeah, sure, take one of our fantastic top 4 D, but they are all injured.. for months, many many months... so yeah, draft them at your own peril... did I say they were injured? I did, right? Really, really injured... like don't bother taking them...because they're gonna be out a while, longer than a while...".
    If I was the LV GM, I wouldn’t care if I was picking one of them and they were out 1-2 months of the regular season. But very well might be something that SLIGHTLY makes someone second guess their choice
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ekholm
    That's conflicting. I would hate to see him leave Nashville, but love to see him on the Leafs.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That's conflicting. I would hate to see him leave Nashville, but love to see him on the Leafs.
    all the talk about Leafs scouting that series for a Ducks Dman but why no talk about the Preds D? Are they going to be able to protect their big 4 dmen?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    all the talk about Leafs scouting that series for a Ducks Dman but why no talk about the Preds D? Are they going to be able to protect their big 4 dmen?
    I think they would rather lose Jarnkork or Sissons to expansion instead of trading a defenceman (depending on the return).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

You reckon Jarncrok? I was kind of hoping he'd build on this season and emerge as the Preads second line centre if fisher doesn't return

back on topic though it does frustrate me, especially as I just drafted Vatanen expecting him to man the PP for someone!, in all seriousness though I'm not sure the injury would be enough to put off Vegas but very clever if it does - silly question but there isn't anything in the draft rules about claiming/protecting inured players is there?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You reckon Jarncrok? I was kind of hoping he'd build on this season and emerge as the Preads second line centre if fisher doesn't return

back on topic though it does frustrate me, especially as I just drafted Vatanen expecting him to man the PP for someone!, in all seriousness though I'm not sure the injury would be enough to put off Vegas but very clever if it does - silly question but there isn't anything in the draft rules about claiming/protecting inured players is there?
    I think it only relates to LTIR.

The Great One

Would this not count as LTIR considering time period? Can't recall seeing a cut off but it's probably not my forte
    Experience is the teacher of all things.