Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trading Letang -REP-

The Great One

Default Re: Trading Letang -REP-

You are blinded b recency bias. I'm not trying to say Letang isn't frustrating, and chances are he won't get you 70+ games any season; however, he's still super elite and you don't just let someone like him slip out of your hands. I'd rethink this if I was you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Percent of games played last 5 seasons:
    2012-13: 85%
    2013-14: 45%
    2014-15: 84%
    2015-16: 87%
    2016-17: 50%

Will you feel smarter if you trade Letang for a decent prospect and he misses 50% of games for the next couple years, or will you feel dumber if you trade him and he plays 80% of games for the next few years? Either is within the realm of possibility.

Dobber Sports Sage

Even at 50 percent of games. In a keep 26 (OPs signature) I want Letang over any prospect in this year's draft. Even one of the top 2 picks id want more. Letangs elite 41 games is way to valuable in keep 26. If he ends up retiring in 2 years and I get nothing I'm ok with that risk
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Even at 50 percent of games. In a keep 26 (OPs signature) I want Letang over any prospect in this year's draft. Even one of the top 2 picks id want more. Letangs elite 41 games is way to valuable in keep 26. If he ends up retiring in 2 years and I get nothing I'm ok with that risk
    Especially since Doug's team is super competitive and very much win-now.

It might be a different story if he was rebuilding...

Doug: FYI, we are going to keep beating this dead horse until you tell us that you backed off the ledge...

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Especially since Doug's team is super competitive and very much win-now.

It might be a different story if he was rebuilding...

Doug: FYI, we are going to keep beating this dead horse until you tell us that you backed off the ledge...

beat_dead_horse2.jpg
    Haha I havent done the deal, how can I when everyone is so much against it? Definitely not on the ledge.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just received an offer from a new OGM. Muzzin and pick #9.

So what from the original OGM should I be looking to add in order to make this trade more even? He has Yandle, Mike Green, Zaitsev maybe he would put in. Not sure that really moves the needle much.
    FYI these are his prospects,
    Robby Fabbri STL
    Laurent Broissoit EDM
    Thomas Chabot OTT
    Oliver Bjorkstrand CBJ
    Joe Hicketts DET
    Dmytro Timashov TOR
    Nikolai Goldobin VAN
    Brayden Point TBL
    Nikita Zaitsev TOR
    Ivan Barbashev STL
    Nick Paul OTT
    Also has Mika Z, JVR

The other option is that I have to move one of: Sheary Burakovsky Parayko to get down to 26 keepers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you could get Chabot + pick + uprade on a another keeper for Letang, I would be tempted. I think Chabot will be a heck of a player sooner than later
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Just received an offer from a new OGM. Muzzin and pick #9.

So what from the original OGM should I be looking to add in order to make this trade more even? He has Yandle, Mike Green, Zaitsev maybe he would put in. Not sure that really moves the needle much.
    FYI these are his prospects,
    Robby Fabbri STL
    Laurent Broissoit EDM
    Thomas Chabot OTT
    Oliver Bjorkstrand CBJ
    Joe Hicketts DET
    Dmytro Timashov TOR
    Nikolai Goldobin VAN
    Brayden Point TBL
    Nikita Zaitsev TOR
    Ivan Barbashev STL
    Nick Paul OTT
    Also has Mika Z, JVR

The other option is that I have to move one of: Sheary Burakovsky Parayko to get down to 26 keepers
    If you have to drop one of Sheary, Burakovsky or Parayko this deal is horrible for you. IMO, any of those 3 players are better than Muzzin. In light of that, the deal becomes Chabot and a 9th for Letang and you lose a good young player but gain Muzzin... The 5th overall was better and I didn't like that deal for you so it's a bigger NO from me
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

Based on the limited interest and lowball offers you are receiving I would just treat Letang like a 1990's Jeep Wrangler with mud tires. Run him into the ground until he can't go anymore and then drop him when he can't produce anymore. Don't even worry about trying to cash out on that stock unless he goes on an absolute tear and you find a legitimate sell high opportunity. But at that point you would probably be tempted to keep him because he would likely be winning your league for you. lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    If you have to drop one of Sheary, Burakovsky or Parayko this deal is horrible for you. IMO, any of those 3 players are better than Muzzin. In light of that, the deal becomes Chabot and a 9th for Letang and you lose a good young player but gain Muzzin... The 5th overall was better and I didn't like that deal for you so it's a bigger NO from me
    I have to drop one of those guys if I dont move Letang. I have 27 guys for 26 spots. Moving Letang for a pick erases that problem. The idea of Chabot and pick #5, is that more palatable? I would like to find a deal if the value is there. Muzzin and pick #9 was an offer from a different team.

Dobber Sports Pro

The idea of Chabot and pick #5, is that more palatable? I would like to find a deal if the value is there.
    Fair enough. I wouldn't settle for less than the #1 pick in this draft class (would still want another piece in addition TBH), or a prospect like Keller, Puljujarvi, D Strome... something like that. I wouldn't feel like I was getting fair value back with anything less. The value should be equivalent to an elite D man whose only downside is injury risk.

I don't know that much about Chabot, but he is #2 on Dobber's top 50 defense prospects list so that sounds like the best option you've presented so far for sure.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Based on the limited interest and lowball offers you are receiving I would just treat Letang like a 1990's Jeep Wrangler with mud tires. Run him into the ground until he can't go anymore and then drop him when he can't produce anymore. Don't even worry about trying to cash out on that stock unless he goes on an absolute tear and you find a legitimate sell high opportunity. But at that point you would probably be tempted to keep him because he would likely be winning your league for you. lol
    Yes this has been my attitude towards him for the past few years. Interest level has been nil so just ride him. Plus I traded for Schultz to cover Letang's assumed absences.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes this has been my attitude towards him for the past few years. Interest level has been nil so just ride him. Plus I traded for Schultz to cover Letang's assumed absences.
    And you've won two championships with that strategy! Keep up the good work

The Great One

I have to drop one of those guys if I dont move Letang. I have 27 guys for 26 spots. Moving Letang for a pick erases that problem. The idea of Chabot and pick #5, is that more palatable? I would like to find a deal if the value is there. Muzzin and pick #9 was an offer from a different team.
    Why can't you just put Matt Murray on the farm; he's way under 150 GP.

Besides, you have a win now team. Plus monster youth. Why would you want to move Letang? Makes no sense to me. With the talent you have I'd have no issue riding him into the ground. The offers you are getting are silly.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm still a no as well. Find a way to keep Letang, it's not worth trading him for the value you're getting offered back. Whether it's trade someone else or farm juggling. I'd be looking at other options.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):