Thread: Buying low

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Buying low

Looking over some buy low opinions and particularly looking at E.Lindholm, S.Bennett, T.Konecny, or N. Richie. Is their anyone on my roster that's worth trading for any of these players? I believe all the above players are in line for something of a breakout next year. Sig is below.
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Buying low

N. Ritchie isn't really a buy low... there's no down year to come off of, just a mediocre first full season - with a solid playoff performance. Bennett for sure though would be a good one, buchnevich another - Larkin as well. I'm an avid Giroux hater, but if you can get him for a 55pt player price tag - then he's a solid buy low as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lindholm was one of the best multi-cat owns you could have in the final two months of the reg. season so if say someone would take Reinhart for example I'd do it.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interesting... I actually think Reinhart has a lot of potential to make a big jump playing with eichel this season. Playing on a franchise player's wing is gold. Lindholm doesn't have that super star linemate. I appreciate the comment I will look at the numbers much closer

Dobber Sports Superstar

I mean it was just an example ideally someone else like Fabbri if you can find someone that buys into his potential.
    Girouxsalem

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Tro,Kempe,Vilardi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So would you value lindholm more so than Bennett? Lindholm probably will play first line and top PP, while Bennett will play second fiddle to Monahan in Calgary. Both play a physical tough game and share high end pedigrees.

The Great One

I would ask the respective owners.... Then establish whether they are buy lows...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I mean I am not one for projecting their future's just no clue but Bennett has not shown me anything while Lindholm has. February/March Elias had 21 points in 27 games, only 2 on PP which is double edge sword because it means he is not a guy for PP points but it shows he is strong at 5v5. His minutes overall in March skyrocketed from 189 in February to 303 that month, from 249 shifts in February to 413 in March which means their had to be injuries but also he was white hot and had to be used during his run. He might've played 300 plus that month but his ATOI was lower than month prior so being deployed in more offensive situations is what I surmise as his coach recognized his great offensive play at the time.Basically IMO he showed if he is featured in a more premier offensive role, he can produce quite nicely.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Kempe,Vilardi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks Sulla I sent him a message. We'll see if he responds. He had mentioned before that he would let go of konecny for a 1st rounder (I have 14th pick) or another top 6 player or top 4 defencemen.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Apppreciate the feedback. I missed out on Lindholm by about a day; he sat on waivers for a month and was gonna pick him up but needed another goalie start. I just remember Bennett being praised for being better than Monahan when her was drafted; big potential, though I also know Lindholm was also stated very high as well.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you think that Winnipeg makes a move to get Fleury or a legit #1 goalie... then I would be trying to get rid of Hellebuyck... especially with Comrie knocking on the door....

Hellebuyck still has some high value because of his skill, but if you can get some serious talent for him I would.

Konecny played awesome at the World Championships.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Helly has absolutely no trade value in my league. It's a what have u done for me lately league. The only players that keep high value after bad seasons are superstars or recently drafted high picks. Non superstars can be had for the right price. After helly's season no one at least my league would touch him. If I didn't own him he would be waiver fodder. I saw kocnecy and yes he did look great. Hopefully he gets to play with philly's top players soon.